How to correct EOFY

Ross_10864052
Ross_10864052 Member Posts: 4 Novice Member Novice Member
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll

Hi

I forgot to Create a Payrun for week ending May 27th 2022 for my employee.

I did this Monday 11th July 2022 and the Reckon software updated my Payroll summary form for 2022 but didn’t update EOFY report

How can I do this please? 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

The pay date is the determining factor when it comes to Single Touch Payroll not the pay period. If this pay run you created was dated 11 July as the pay date as well then that pay falls in the 2022/23 financial year.

If this isn't correct, ie. if its supposed to be some other pay date then I'd recommend that you edit this pay run by switching it back to draft status and remove all of the earnings, tax, super etc so that everything is $0.00. Then send through the resulting STP submission as an adjustment ie. ensure that you tick the 'Submit as adjustment' option on the declaration screen.

Once that has been successfully processed by the ATO it will revert the balances on the ATO end for that pay run to $0.00. After that you can delete the pay run and it will clear the balances in your app as well.

Recreate the pay run with the correct pay date from the outset ie. if its supposed to be in the 2021/22 financial year it'll need to have a pay date that falls in that period.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Ross_10864052

Thanks Rav

The Pay Date was 27th May 2022

However i created the Pay Run on the 11th July 2022

The App asks when was the payment made , I stated the 27 th May and what Period for, I inserted 21st May to the 27th May

So the App will not make the adjustment in this situation?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Was the pay run initially created with a pay date of 11 July 2022 and then later edited to 27 May 2022?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Ross_10864052

No, the pay date has always been the 27th May 2022

• Rav
    edited July 2022

Hmm ok, that sounds a bit strange. Can I grab the ABN that you're registered to your Payroll App account and I'll see if I can take a look at what could be causing that.

• Ross_10864052

Thanks Rav, somebody has contacted me via email and requested this information.

I will continue with them

Thanks for your assistance

• Rav

Awesome, good stuff 👍️