Notifying ato for stp

Options
Anne_10864065
Anne_10864065 Member Posts: 5

Hi, I have just started using Reckon One as my previous software caused a huge stuff up for my stp at the eofy.

I had to delete 4 months of pay runs from previous software, so now redoing them in Reckon. I submitted one to the ATO but noticed the branch number in Reckon is different to the one the ATO had connected to this pay event.

I tried to create another identity for the same ABN within Reckon with the branch number to match the ATO but when I tried to notify the ATO I got as far as software abn but the search didn't bring up Reckon as an option.

If I can get the new identity to work do I need to redo the pay run I have done with the incorrect branch number?

Appreciate any help😀

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Anne,

What is the ABN that you've registered to your Reckon One and GovConnect?

Is the branch number that you see on your STP entity in your GovConnect correct or incorrect?

When you view the ABN in Reckon One, is that the correct one? Just need to determine which of them is the correct one.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Anne_10864065
    Options

Hi Rav

Thanks for your reply.

Our ABN is 61 657 388 479

I'm not sure how to tell which branch number is correct. I was previously lodging STP with this ABN on different software, would the branch number be the same?

When I look at my ABN on my Reckon there is no branch number, when I lodged the pay run it had branch number 1 on Reckon but when I look at my ATO information online it has branch 2.

I tried creating another entity in Reckon to match with the ATO but couldn't finish the process so now I have 2 entities on my Reckon, one with no branch number but with pays submitted that show branch number 1, and the other with branch number 2 but no pay runs.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me Anne.

I've had a look at how things have been setup and there are a couple of things going on.

First, there are two registrations for your ABN as you've mentioned, one for branch 1 (with submissions) and the other branch 2 without any submissions.

The first thing I'd like to establish is, do you actually have a branch number for your ABN in reality? Specifically, branch 2?

If not, is there a specific reason why you set it up? In your opening post you mentioned the below, could you give me a bit more detail/clarification on that just so I can get up to speed.

I submitted one to the ATO but noticed the branch number in Reckon is different to the one the ATO had connected to this pay event.

Also, for the submissions that have been sent to the ATO under branch 1, were they successful? ie. did they return a 'Success' status back from the ATO?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Anne_10864065
    Options

Hi Rav

I'm confused as to how to tell if I have a branch number in reality. Is it something that would have been set up when I first started lodging pay runs with the ATO?

The pay runs I have submitted now have a status of posted, and they show up on my ATO online services as pay events with branch number 2, even though on the pay run in my Reckon it has branch number 1.

I had previously lodged pays with the ATO through STP using this ABN on different software but there was a huge stuff up with the ytd figures so I deleted them all, did an update event to bring them back to zero then changed to Reckon and started relodging them.

We were previously a partnership then when we changed to a company the other software provider advised me to just change the business details, do a zero update event then I could start lodging as the company. I did that but noticed the ytd figures hadn't reset to zero. I questioned the software provider about this and they said that's okay it will show up properly with the ATO, which of course it didn't. This resulted in the incorrect amounts showing up on employees mygov accounts, which I have contacted the ATO about.

If I can sort out this branch number I can at least continue relodging pays so my employees can do their tax returns while ATO are sorting the other issue. When I lodged previously through the other software the branch number with ATO online came up as branch 2, so do I need a different branch number as I am using different software?

It has become a really confusing mess so I really appreciate your help.

• Rav
    edited July 2022
    Options

I'm confused as to how to tell if I have a branch number in reality. Is it something that would have been set up when I first started lodging pay runs with the ATO?

The branch number would have been something you setup when the ABN itself was first created. Branch numbers (also known as GST branch numbers) usually come into effect if you have a requirement to account for GST separately from the main entity. There's more info about this from the ATO here.

From what you've described, I get the feeling that this doesn't apply to you. I don't have access to your Reckon One book so can't check that but when it comes to your GovConnect, as previously mentioned I can see a branch 1 registration which has had a couple of submissions sent under it and a branch 2 which has had none.

I think the best thing from here is that we just check off your Reckon One book and GovConnect just so that we can be absolutely sure everything is setup correctly so that you can continue with creating pay runs and STP. When you've got a chance, please give our Reckon One technical support team a call on 1300 756 663 and one of our technicians will verify your setup.

• Anne_10864065
    Options

Hi Rav

Thank you very much for your clear explanations of how things work. It must have been my accountant who set up the company and therefore also the ABN who organised the branch number.

When I lodged the pay runs in Reckon one I didn't add a branch number so not sure why it registers as branch number 1.

I will give your technical support team a call now.