EOFY incorrect

Lulu_0703
Lulu_0703 Member Posts: 8 Novice Member Novice Member
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll

Apologies I only added a new comment. The only way I could correct the mistake of completing the wrong EOFY which didn't include June's wages - that was in next year's EOFY, was to ring the ATO and talk to them. They were able to zero out and/orblock 2021/2022 and I had to complete paper group certificates. I was told even though I had followed your directions and re submitted a zero total for 2022/2023 and it went through June's wages could not be added to 2021/2023 as I had over ridden it but hitting the blue button (2022/2023) for my EOFY report. I am hoping that next year this has no effect on next year's report. Perhaps the buttons at the top could highlight which year to press.

Louise

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Louise,

Just so I have the chain of events correct I'm going to outline my understanding below and you correct me if I'm wrong -

• You created a pay run that belonged in the 2021/22 financial year inadvertently in the current 2022/23 financial year. Likely due to the pay date being entered in July rather than prior to 30 June 2022.
    • You then created a zero out submission for 2022/23 to clear out the balance from there on the ATO's end
    • Then created the pay run again with the correct pay date and sent through the resulting STP submission(?)
    • After the above, you sent a NEW EOFY finalisation for the 2021/22 financial year(?)

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Lulu_0703

You are correct until the last point. They would not accept the adjustment to June 2022. Therefore the EOFY didn't include the last pay. As a result I had to ring ATO as they had accepted the following financial year even though I put through an adjustment and zeroed it. My concern is they said they have zero on one side and the June wages on the other, just hoping it sorts itself out. If you need further information please let me know and I will send it as an attachment. I stuffed it up by pressing the wrong year.

Louise

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying Louise,

They would not accept the adjustment to June 2022. Therefore the EOFY didn't include the last pay

Just in regard to the above, were you provided a reason why it wasn't accepted?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Lulu_0703

No, because I had accidentally completed 2022/2023 EOFY how I don't know and I could have submitted the last pay and not waited long enough. No idea but I will be extra careful next year. Thanks for your help.