ACCOUNTS HOSTED - Emails Bouncing

JO-ANNE
JO-ANNE Member Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi

we are having issues with emails bouncing when sending invoices, remittances, etc directly from [email protected]

Can this be rectified please?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator Posts: 12,592 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @JO-ANNE

Are the emails showing as bounced in Hosted's Email Report? If so, there should be a reason for the bounce listed there as well.

Can you let me know what is listed in the email report for these specific emails that have bounced back.

Info on the Email Report in Reckon Accounts Hosted linked below -

• JO-ANNE

Hi Rav

this is the result

• Rav

From what I understand, which is admittedly limited, a transient bounce means that the email has rejected by the recipient mail server. The most general cause is typically when the recipient has set up an "out of the office" automatic reply.

Has the intended recipient confirmed with you that the email hasn't been received?

• JO-ANNE

Yes I have spoken to the customer and has confirmed the emails were not received, but when I sent them directly from my email address she received the invoice.

• Rav

Thanks for that Jo-Anne

Also, can I just clarify, is this occurring on ALL emails you're sending out from Hosted or just this selected customer only?

• JO-ANNE

Morning Rav, it happens randomly on different emails. It happens quite often when I am emailing supplier remittance advices. This one has come to my attention as it was a single invoice for a cash customer.

• Rav

Right ok, and is it the same bounce reason/message for each of the times you've observed an outbound email bouncing? Or are there various messages/reasons for the others.

The reason I'm asking is I'm trying to narrow down the cause of the bounce message you've highlighted earlier above.

• JO-ANNE

I have received bounce emails in the past but am just looking in the email report and they do not appear there. Below is one that doesn't appear in the email report.

• Rav

I'll see if I can get a bit more info from our Hosted team in relation to the 'transient bounce' message.

I'll get back to you about it as soon as I hear back from the devs.

• JO-ANNE

HI Rav

have you any information on this issue?

I am receiving this message again today on another customer email I use very regularly.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 2,389 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

FYI - Rav’s away for a few days, I think till Monday