Changing dates for 2022/23 pay run created in error

Options
System
System Member Posts: 235 Moderator Moderator
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀
This discussion was created from comments split from: Resubmitting a pay run on wrong date.

Comments

• AnthonySmith
    AnthonySmith Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Rav,

I am having a similar issue.

I placed the wrong FY (22/23 instead of 21/22) year for the payment date on a couple of our pay runs. I went ahead and made the correction as per your previous post and submitted as an adjustment.

It seems to have processed but in the pay summary tab in the app it still shows the payments for 2022-23 period and also when my employees log into their my gov to prepare their tax return the figures are still showing as 2022-23 and have not updated to 2021-22.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @AnthonySmith

It looks like the app is having difficulty with date changes when it comes to changing from one financial year to another. Date changes that fall within the same financial year are ok.

Have you created any pay runs and sent through submissions for the actual 2022/23 financial year as yet? ie. any pay runs that are dated (pay date) 1 July 2022 or after and are intended as such?

If not, can you attempt to create a zero balance STP submission for 2022/23.

You can do this by creating a 2022/23 EOFY finalisation and switch on the 'Set all values to $0.00' toggle and send that through. This will update all STP balances on the ATO's end to zero. I've attached a screen recording below just as an example.

Once that is done, delete the original pay run you created and it will clear the 2022/23 balances from your app as well. Don't delete the zero finalisation as I'd recommend you keep that as a record.

Recreate the pay run(s) using the correct pay date and send through the submissions normally.

Hopefully that makes sense but let me know if you have any questions.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• AnthonySmith
    AnthonySmith Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks - I'll see how that goes.

Could another option be to delete all pay runs and re-enter?

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
    Options

@AnthonySmith Deleting Payruns in Payroll app will not remove the STP information already reported to ATO.