Latest pay run allocated to wrong FY

Options
Richard21
Richard21 Member Posts: 17
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi, I'm using Reckon Basic app (latest update) and inputed last payslip for Apr-Jun 22 (dated it 30 June 2022). All dates look correct. Sumission success to ATO. When trying to do EOY submission to ATO the last payslip is allocated to FY23 and not FY22 so the EOY report is wrong. Help!

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,497 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Richard21

Was this particular pay run dated (pay date) in the current financial year (1 July 2022 or after) and then edited to 30 June 2022?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Richard21
    Options

Hi Rav, the pay run was dated 30 Jun 2022 (pay date) but input 15 Aug 2022, for period 1 Apr-30 Jun 2022.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,497 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hmm that's a tad strange. The reason I asked the above is, at the moment the Payroll App has trouble 'moving' balances from one financial year to another if the pay run has been originally created with a pay date in say the current 2022/23 FY but then later edited to a pay date in the previous 2021/22 FY for example.

If your pay run was created from the outset with a pay date of 30 June 2022 then there shouldn't be any reason that its being assigned to the current 2022/23 financial year.

Sorry to ask again but are you 100% certain that the pay date was set to 30 June 2022 when the pay run was first created?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Richard21
    Options

Yes, the pay date was set to 30 Jun 2022 when created.

Also, a pay slip for another employee was made on the same date (but as a separate submission) and it is correctly assigned to FY22.

Furthermore, I looked back over previous pay slips and the last one (Jan-Mar slip) was originally dated 27 April. So I have revised that date to 31 Mar in case the App didn't like 2 pay slips in the same financial quarter. EOY report still wrong with no change to allocation of 'problem' pay slip.

• Rav
    Options

Have you created any pay runs and sent through submissions for the actual 2022/23 financial year as yet? ie. any pay runs that are dated (pay date) 1 July 2022 or after AND are intended as such?

If not, then I'd recommend you create a zero balance STP submission for 2022/23.

You can do this by creating a 2022/23 EOFY finalisation and switch on the 'Set all values to $0.00' toggle and send that through. This will update all STP balances on the ATO's end to zero. I've attached a screen recording below just as an example.

Once that is done, delete the original pay run you created and it will clear the 2022/23 balances from your app as well. Don't delete the zero finalisation as I'd recommend you keep that as a record.

Recreate the pay run(s) and send through the submissions normally.

Hopefully that makes sense but let me know if you have any questions.

• Richard21
    Options

Thanks Rav, that worked.