Disable einvoicing?

NathanB
NathanB Member Posts: 10
edited March 19 in Reckon One

Hi,

I enabled einvoicing recently, and I was just going to use to test an invoice with some clients. Instead it has automatically resent all my existing outstanding invoices, and any new ones I create to one of my clients without even asking me.

I want to disable this service by there appears to be no easy way to do this. I can't see any options to turn it off or even disable my einvoicing account. I logged a support call but they were of no help whatsover, so hopefully the community might know how to disable it?

Cheers,

Nathan.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi there @NathanB

That certainly sounds strange and definitely something I'd like to get looked at a bit closer as I can't imagine that is the intended behaviour.

Can you shoot me the case number that you've logged with our support team please.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• NathanB

Hi Rav, case number is RKN:00000000185000003562.

Yes I did not even invite the client to use einvoicing. I just added their details (ABN etc) correctly into reckon so I was capable of sending them an einvoice at some stage. Then the next day I see all outstanding invoices had been re-sent as einvoices. Also as soon as i create a new invoice, it's automatically sent as an einvoice, without any prompts at all. Which is really dangerous as sometimes I create an invoice and don't send immediately to the client as it's not finished. But einvoicing just sends it!

I've had to ask the client to disable it their end if they can as I have no control over it.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for that @NathanB

Leave this with me just for a little bit, I'm getting a few things checked over by our folks that oversee the eInvoicing functionality. Back to you shortly.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav

@NathanB

Just a quick update, I've organised the deactivation of eInvoicing for you and its been actioned so that part is taken care of.

I'm still waiting to get a bit more info around the existing invoices re-sending as eInvoices as that is a bit odd to me.

• NathanB

Ok thanks Rav. I doubt I'll be re-enabling it any time soon but Implementation of a button to turn it off or on would be helpful. Yes very strange it resent all outstanding invoices... aside from that as mentioned it simply sends automatically new invoices once you've saved them without asking. There needs to be a confirmation dialog at least to say it's ok to send. Like I said I often create an invoice and save it, then perhaps the next day I'll add something else to it before I finally email it to the client. If it just sends an invoice as soon as you hit save in Reckon that's not good...

Cheers,

Nathan.

• sclarke
    sclarke Member Posts: 6

What was the verdict with this?

I too enabled eInvoicing just to have a look around, as figured it would be good to see how it works, only to later discover it had sent every invoice I've created (I'm a brand new user, hence why my invoices were all unsent - they're all new). I only found out when a client asked me why I had just sent a heap of invoices. I didn't want ANY of these sent yet. That's why they were unsent.

For one client who does not have eInvoicing enabled, these went to their email via a PDF. I have just told them to delete the emails, however now they all show as sent in my invoices list.

The other client who does have eInvoicing enabled, I have no idea how to recall these.

This feature is a disaster. How do I go about undoing everything this "feature" has done and ensuring it doesn't happen again? At no point during the setup process did it warn me this would happen.

I'm currently in a free trial of Reckon One and this is certainly not a great experience.

• Rav

Hi @sclarke

Really sorry to hear you've had a poor experience in getting eInvoicing working for you.

Some of what you've described certainly does sound pretty strange and its something I'll be sending over to the tech team behind eInvoicing.

If you'd like to disable the eInvoicing functionality from your Reckon One book, I'm happy to organise that for you with our support team. I'll just need you to confirm and I'll get it underway.

Let me know when you can.

Cheers

• sclarke

@Rav I actually logged a support request for this 2 and a half weeks ago, but no response other than the automated one. Again, not a great first experience.

CAS-198929-Q6J9K6

• May Lee
    May Lee Member Posts: 23

I also want to disable the einvoicing. My customer received the invoice immediately after I created one. But I didn’t intend to send at the stage.

• sclarke
    edited February 2023

This is really something that needs to be addressed ASAP. It was first reported 6 months ago and is still unresolved.

Disabling eInvoicing is a workaround - not a solution. As it is, the feature is completely unusable.

• robertyoudan
    robertyoudan Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2023

I have this exact same problem. It started sending out all my unsent invoices to any/all customers for whom I had an email address entered. I had signed up to look around einvoicing some time ago, but until recently it was benign. Last week I received an email regarding the expiry of a certificate or credential or similar, so I followed the instructions to renew the credentials. Sadly, as soon as this process was complete, einvoiving started sending out invoices: some of which had already been sent and some that were a work in progress.

Looking at the documentation, it appears that einvoicing will automatically send an invoice once it is approved. And here is the kicker: if you only have the invoicing "Lite" module, invoices are approved "automatically" as soon as they're created! This means that as soon as you save the invoice, even if you're not finished and just need to leave the office for a moment, einvoicing will take it upon itself to consider your invoice approved and send it, without any notice!

As I don't need any of the features of invoicing "Medium" (which would enable the approval process and not try to send until I complete the invoice and then approve it) I don't want to purchase this module just to fix what seems like an unwanted behaviour (some would say a bug).

I just want things to go back to the way they were before, where I can create and save as many invoices as I want, then save to disk and/or send manually through Reckon One when and if I am ready. If that means disabling einvoicing, then please assist me in doing that.

Thank you.

PS: I raised a ticket a while ago and so far all I've received is a link to a page on how to configure and use einvoicing. This is where I deduced the reason for the behaviour I've described above, but there's no instructions on how to disable it.

RKN:00000000185000004848

• sclarke

Yup, the fact this isn't addressed almost 1 year later is extremely poor. It's bad enough the issue exists and wasn't caught before going live, but the fact MULTIPLE people have complained and it's continuing to cause issues for others and nothing has been done is completely unacceptable.

Support can disable eInvoicing for you, as they have done for the rest of us, but they won't undo anything else. All your invoices are now going to say "Sent" and the clients will have a copy and it's just a mess you now need to deal with because Reckon didn't want to fix their stuff.

I love Reckon One as a product, as it's the first "proper" accounting system I've used (was doing the whole manual invoices and spreadsheet thing before), but things like this really make it a bad experience.

It doesn't matter how good the product is if the support is not there to back it up, and even my clients have had really bad experiences with the support team. Often how a company responds to an issue is a bigger factor than the issue in the first place, because issues will always happen with any company. But when they're handled as poorly as this it makes it hard accept. Please Reckon address this or customers are just going to go elsewhere.

I hope support get your issue sorted soon.

• Mike_9755105
    Mike_9755105 Member Posts: 10

I think the whole e-invoicing rollout seems to be a massive stuff up. I've tried to enroll for the service a few times, and for some reasons that fails for me. I've had support providing some luke-warm answers to try to solve the issue, didn't get anywhere.

After reading other's experiences in this thread, I think it's actually a positive that my enrolment attempts failed, as it looks this feature is still quite immature and I definitely wouldn't want for e-invoices to be sent out without expressly requesting to do so.

Luckily enough I don't have to rely on this feature, I was just interested in testing it out with some of my customers.

• robertyoudan
    robertyoudan Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2023

As a software developer myself one thing we never regret is providing an on/off switch, especially for any new features. That way, no matter how well or poorly a new feature behaves (and complex systems often mean it's difficult to test every possible scenario), you can always opt out. This is the only thing I think they got wrong with this one: the "auto send as soon as the invoice is saved, unless you purchase the medium module and enable invoice approval".

We should be able to opt in or out at two levels:

1) master switch - on/off

2) opt in/out for each individual customer

So far the only way to be certain the system won't send an invoice without being asked is to remove the email addresses for my customers. This is a shame, as I'd like to be able to send through Reckon One on an ad-hoc basis using the "send" button, but for now I will just have to save the pdf then email it separately.

This discussion has been closed.