Stock transfer and file setup - Can we have two separate ABN companies on (1) FILE

Options
Julie_8590292
Julie_8590292 Member Posts: 11

We use Reckon Hosted and have a two companies with separate ABN in two separate locations - Company (A) hold the stock and then company (B) needs to send PO to company (A) and then (A) Invoice back to transfer stock. Wasting so much time and no transparency on stock levels between the two companies. Is there a way to combine the two companies on one file so company (B) can see stock levels and draw stock in a more effective manner?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Julie,

Each company file is specific to one ABN.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,302 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I have done a couple of files like this whereby there are 2 different ABN’s. But invoices aren’t issued so there is no problem in that regard. I have memorised reports that break down the 2 entities and the accountant also has input with the yearly financials.

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 441 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    Options

@Kris_Williams

How would your approach work with STP?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,302 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

It wouldn’t if both entities have wages, only one of mine does

• Julie_8590292
    Options

Thank you - Of course after considering invoices and STP the answer is clear :-)

Is there a addon or any work around to send and receive purchase orders between two companies more efficiently?

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Julie

Explain to me what exactly you want to happen if you want to have an automated tool?

Call me on 0407068942

Chandra

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    Options

Just realised another option :

Using Cosmic Bills :www.cosmicbills.com

1. Raise PO which i presume is exactly same to raise the Invoice
    2. Print to a PDF file and save it to a new directory what ever you want to name.
    3. Once you have registered with Cosmic Bills , you can then upload say up to 20 to 30 PO pdfs and Cosmic Bills will then create Sales Oder or Tax invoice in minutes .
    4. You can test 100 P.O free .

if interested call on 0407068942

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Julie_8590292
    Options

Thank you not quite the right fit as the business supplying stock needs to check stock first or order more stock and hence use it as a processing tool before they have to send the invoice for the stock. I will check it out and see if we can use it a little differently