Pay run summary showing 0 as gross

Maria_10864485
Maria_10864485 Member Posts: 4
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi. I have one employee. First time submitting a payroll and STP via the free app- have free access to premier for 3 runs.

She has been paid and received the payment summary via email which is showing the correct figures for net, tax, super and gross, however, on the pay run summary that I see on my phone it says the gross earnings are 0. Why is this? I haven’t completed the declaration yet as it also says gross earnings are 0 and this will be then incorrect when I submit the stp won’t it?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Maria

Are you using the default Ordinary earnings item for the pay run or have you created your own custom earnings item?

My first suggestion is to take a look at the pay items you've used in your pay runs. Specifically, have you used any custom earnings items in any of the pay runs for your employees and if so, have you created that custom item as non-tax applicable in its setup?

The reason I ask is, balances will only be included in the Pay Summary if they are tax applicable as that is part of the STP requirements.

You can verify this by going into Settings ➡️ Earning items ➡️ Select any custom earnings item you have created (and used in pay runs) from the list ➡️ The setup of the item will be displayed. Check whether the 'tax applicable' option has been ticked (and if a calculation method selected if applicable).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Maria_10864485

Are yes. I had to create a custom earnings because firstly it tried to deduct tax when the amount was only 800 per month $2400 over 3 months and so no tax payable. It also wanted to add super but she is under 18 and super n/a.

I've just remembered it only gave the option for weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments ( so I ticked monthly which is why it’s probably wanting to tax )

how do I fix this? If I go back and tick tax applicable it will want me to deduct tax

• Maria_10864485

FYI she is my daughter and so I only need to report quarterly

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me Maria 🙂

Ok so now that we've narrowed down how its happened the next step to accurately submit earnings to the ATO via STP is that you must use an earnings item that is tax applicable. As you've mentioned you have a requirement to remove the tax component and to do so you can manually override tax to $0.00.

The earnings item itself must be designated as tax applicable so its subject to STP reporting which the default Ordinary earnings item falls under or you can create a custom earnings item if you wish as well but it must be set to tax applicable for gross payments. This will also show in the Pay Summary in the app and also the End of Financial Year finalisation.

I've created a quick screen recording below as well which outlines how you can override tax.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Maria_10864485

You are amazing. Thanks so much. All fixed

• Rav

Awesome, glad its sorted 😊