Budget reporting not working

Options
AndrewN
AndrewN Member Posts: 14
edited October 2022 in Reckon One

When we first started using Reckon One a couple of months ago we prepared a budget and were able to print out some reports.

A couple of months on we have tried to see how we are going and the budget is still there (in the budgets section) but when I go to print it out (under Analytics) we get the following message:

No budget matching your selection were found. The report could not be generated.

Any ideas how to get the budget back?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @AndrewN

I'm indeed a Reckon staff member however we can't access your data/Reckon One book without being provided access as they're secured. If you can follow the steps in this guide linked below it'll provide access to your book for our support team to take a look at.

Alternatively, give our Reckon One technical support team a buzz on 1300 756 663 and one of our technicians can take a look into this. If required, they'll escalate to our dev team as well for further investigation.

Creating other dummy budgets was a good troubleshooting step for testing and a bit odd that those new ones aren't appearing in your reports either so may be a deeper issue we'll need to examine.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• AndrewN
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Rav

The Ticket number is: RKN:00000000185000003757.

For some reason there were 2 line items (the second a daughter of the first) which were causing the report to not generate. When the report was generated using the "selected" accounts option and these were not included the report would generate. Any range of other selected line items worked from 1 to all but the errant 2.

This is where the Reckon advice from the ticket ended.

I then went back to the original budget and added a figure into the parent, saved the budget, then regenerated the report firstly by ticking these lines in the "selected" option and then using the "all" option. Both times the report generated correctly. I then deleted (zeroed) the new entry in the actual budget, saved, and the "All" option still works.

No idea why this occurred. My guess is that it may be that these accounts were added to the chart of accounts after the original budget was generated but had not had a figure "saved" in the budget. By default the line items were brought into the budget but had no figures saved against them, not even zeros. The process of "saving" the budget added zeros to that line item. A small glitch in the coding which is probably impossible to find and repair.

Be interested in your thoughts. I have sent most of this information back into the ticket except my surmise just above.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Andrew

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @AndrewN

I've just tried testing this out in my Reckon One book to see if I can replicate your experience but it seemed to work as normal.

Is the budget you've created for the current financial year?

Also, are you selecting the correct budget from the dropdown list and then clicking the Refresh button?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• AndrewN
    Options

Thanks for your response.

To answer your questions ... yes, the budget is for this financial year and yes I did select it from the drop down menu. I have also created other quick dummy budgets to see if it was a glitch in the budget I already had but selecting these does not work either.

When I first created the budget, a few months back, it did work perfectly so now I have no idea what has happened so that it does not work.

I was hoping someone from Reckon monitored these boards and could look specifically at our problem using our data. I see you are a Community Manager but not sure if you have a relationship with Reckon. i have looked for a way to message them direct but not come across anything yet, only here.

• AndrewN
    Options

Thank you, I have done that and have a little person in the top left corner of the tile.

I have also posted a ticket so am looking forward to getting this sorted.

Appreciate your help.

• Rav
    Options

Good stuff @AndrewN

Can I just grab the ticket number you've lodged with the support team as I'd be pretty keen to see what the cause of this is once the team have had a look.

Cheers