How to Clean Up Old ABA, INI, SAFF and Other Files in My Live (Q)

DianaRasbid
DianaRasbid Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member
edited October 2022 in Accounts Hosted

Hi team

I would like to do a mass delete of old aba, saff, etc files in My Live (Q) as there are hundreds of them. The only way I know how to do a deletion is to right click one at a time and delete. Surely there is a quicker way than this? Can I delete INI files without causing a catastrophe?

Many thanks, Di

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @DianaRasbid

The Hosted toolbar can only support single item selection so unfortunately you won't be able to select multiple items within the window.

A workaround you could look at though is to create a new folder in your Q drive and drag any of the files you wish to delete into that folder. Once you've moved them all you can just delete the folder. Dragging files is a bit easier and it should save some a bit of time and clicks from selecting and deleting each single file along with confirming the delete.

Can I delete INI files without causing a catastrophe?

I'd recommend not deleting any .ini files that are specific to the company file that you're actively using.

Answers

• DianaRasbid
    DianaRasbid Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Thank you Rav

That has certainly answered my questions in full, though I do think that there should be an easier way to do this. Perhaps this could be forwarded to the dev team as something to consider. Moving stuff one file at a time is pretty outdated considering today's tech. 😊

The only reason there are so many is that I've just taken over the management of a sister company and they've kept everything instead of getting rid of a few each week to keep it manageable.

Cheers, Di