How do I fix qd3.dll not found error when attempting to load Quicken 2013 qdf file?

Options

I have done multiple re-installs of reckon accounts personal plus 2022 trial version following clean uninstall steps without success as outlined in a previous discussion. The error message I get:

Unable to Load DLL: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal\convert03\qd3.dll

Answers

• tommy86
    tommy86 Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 12 Moderator Moderator
    Options

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. The only thing I could find was this article. Could you please follow this step by step and let us know how you get on.

I understand you say you have uninstalled and reinstalled but there may be some auxiliary files left over.

Thank you

Tom

• pattersonr2125
    pattersonr2125 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I still have the issues after following the uninstall/re-install instructions to the letter including using Revo uninstaller and selective re-start process. I am using Windows 10 Home ver 21H1 on Dell Inspiron 11-3157 with 4GB RAM.

I am trying to install Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022 Trial and open a Quicken 2013 Delux QDF file. The Reckon software was downloaded for Reckon website and came in the form of self extracting gzip exe file.

I still get the same error message when I attempt to open the QDF file:

Unable to Load DLL: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal\convert03\qd3.dll

I have run out of ideas. Any suggestions please?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @pattersonr2125

Can I just clarify, is your Quicken 2013 Deluxe edition a USA Intuit variant of software? If you still have the 2013 version installed open the Help ➡ About Quicken splash screen and it may confirm whether its a USA version.

I appreciate it might have been a good while ago now but can you recall if you purchased the 2013 Deluxe version from Reckon directly or some other online/retail store?

When I take a look at the 2022 Reckon Personal Plus/Home & Business installation & upgrade guide (HERE), the upgrade path for 2013 versions specifies 2013 Personal Plus and 2013 Home & Business however there isn't reference to a Deluxe version so just want to establish whether that could be the cause.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• pattersonr2125
    pattersonr2125 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Rav

It is Quicken Deluxe 2013 US Intuit variant Release R12 (22.1.12.7). It is a free download that allows conversion of Quicken Personal Plus 2002 which it performed flawlessly and offered a heap of new features including nice share portfolio management, however there is no Australian version and no support. It does not allow automatic upload of ASX share prices and categories and tax stuff is all USA.

It does have a dq3.dll which I did copy into the Reckon Accounts Plus location and it did load but crashed with different dll not found error.

I would say at a guess the Reckon dll package that comes with Reckon accounts personal plus 2022 does not handle Quicken Deluxe 2013 QDF file.