My totals on my EOFY are not correct. Perhaps it is something i have done, but the correct quarters

Options
DOREMYLOUW
DOREMYLOUW Member Posts: 5
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

are not being added up. It is taking the last quarter of FYE 20/21 and only 3 quarters from FYE 21/22. All my figures in the pay runs are correct.

How can I correct this.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,497 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @DOREMYLOUW

What is the pay date of those pay runs? The pay date is the determining factor of which period a specific pay run falls in ie. are all your pay runs for the 2021/22 financial year dated with a pay date that falls within that specific financial year?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• DOREMYLOUW
    Options

Hi Rav. Thank you for your response.

Dates are as follows :

1. 01 Apr - 30 Jun 2021
    2. 01 Jul - 30 Sep 2021
    3. 01 Oct - 31 Dec 2021
    4. 01 Jan - 31 Mar 2022
    5. 01 Apr - 30 Jun 2022

For FYE 2021/22 Reckon is adding the figures 1 - 4 instead of 2 - 5. I hope you can help, as I am really at a loss what to do. I have spoken to the ATO and our accountants and they can't help. I have resubmitted the figures for FYE 2020/21 more than once and they appear to be correct. However, if there is a mistake in the dates on the FYE 2020/21, I am unable to tell. Since we changed from STP to Payroll only the above figures are available.

Thank you.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,497 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

The dates you've outlined above look to be your pay periods rather than the pay date you've entered into the pay run itself.

The pay date is what determines where the pay run will fall so for example if you've entered your pay run with the pay date of 1 July 2022 but the pay period was 1 April - 30 June 2022, that pay run will fall in and be reported in the 2022/23 financial year.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• DOREMYLOUW
    Options

Okay I see now. How to I change the dates? I think I would only have to change the submission date of No. 5 above, i.e. the last quarter of the FYE. I submitted it on 29th July 2022.

• Rav
    Options

If your pay date in this pay run was entered as 29 July 2022 and that is correct/accurate then that pay run legitimately belongs in the 2022/23 financial year.

However if you'd like to change this then I'll outline a suggestion below but before that, have you created any pay runs and sent through submissions for the actual 2022/23 financial year as yet? ie. any pay runs that are dated (pay date) 1 July 2022 or after AND are intended as such?

If not, then I'd recommend you create a zero balance STP submission for 2022/23.

You can do this by creating a 2022/23 EOFY finalisation and switch on the 'Set all values to $0.00' toggle and send that through. This will update all STP balances on the ATO's end to zero. I've attached a screen recording to the left just as an example.

Once that is done, delete the original pay run you created and it will clear the 2022/23 balances from your app as well. Do NOT delete the zero finalisation as I'd recommend you keep that as a record.

Recreate the pay run(s) with a pay date that falls within the correct financial year and send through the submissions normally.

Hopefully that makes sense but let me know if you have any questions.

• DOREMYLOUW
    Options

Thank you so much for your assistance. It has been fantastic. I did as you said set the figures for zero in 2022/23, deleted the relevant pay run and resubmitted it under 30th June 2022.

The gross figures and the tax were correct, but the super was short by $931.20 which is the exact figure for the first quarter i.e. 01.07.21 to 30.09.21. This is where I thought I would get clever, so I deleted that payrun and resubmitted it and it is a mess. The gross pay and tax are again correct, the super is still short by $931.20 and the pay run is deleted. I am so sorry - I should have come straight back to you with the problem with the super. I do hope you can help me again, and apologise for any inconvenience. I have not submitted the EOFY for the year 2021/22 to the ATO yet.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @DOREMYLOUW

Glad to hear we're getting a little closer toward getting you back on track.

Ok just so I understand where things are at now, after you actioned the steps from my previous reply and then the subsequent changes you made to the other pay run yourself, the end result is that gross pay and tax are correct to where you need it to be but super is still not right. Correct?

While its not exactly the ideal method, I'll outline a suggestion on how you can solve this below which should avoid you making any further changes to the existing pay runs.

First, go to the employee's profile and check their Pay Summary for 2021/22. I'm assuming the balances you see listed there will be all correct apart from the super.

At the bottom of the Pay Summary screen you'll see the option to 'View and Update initial YTD balances'. This will show you a breakdown of any initial paid balances you've entered for the employee. (It will also show any balances migrated from the former STP app if applicable).

What you can do is enter that missing amount into the superannuation field here which will then add to your total balance for super. Ensure that you select the correct financial year and also date it with a relevant date that falls within that respective financial year eg. 30 June 2022 for example.

Here's an example that I've recorded in my account just for illustration purposes.

You'll see that the Pay Summary for my employee shows a total super balance of $1100.00 for 2021/22; $100 of that is from pay runs and the other is $1000 I've entered in the initial YTD.

I'll then go and add an additional $900.00 in this employee's initial YTD for 2021/22 which brings the total super for this employee to $2000.00 for 2021/22.

I know that's a fair bit of information to take it and sounds a tad complicated so let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

• DOREMYLOUW
    Options

Hi Rav. I really appreciate the time and effort you have given to solve my Reckon issues.

We are to see our accountants on Monday, and he has looked into Reckon on our behalf. He asks that I print out your instructions and take it with my phone to him. Together we should fix it up. He also has access to all our figures and our ATO portal, so he can see exactly what the ATO has received.

I will be in touch next week after I have seen him, with good news (I hope). Thank you.