STP submissions rejected

Options
nickthearrow
nickthearrow Member Posts: 3
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have had 5 STP submissions rejected in the App. The only info I get when I click on them is "The submission has been rejected by the ATO. Please review the ATO's response below & make the necessary adjustment - TFN must be a valid TFN"

The TFN is correct & i've had succesful submissions before & since. I have spoken to the ATO & they say they dont see any issues their end & are just waiting for me to close up the last Financial Year.

Any ideas on how I can rectify this?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @nickthearrow

Were there any changes to existing employee info or any new employees onboarded during the time of those submissions?

You've mentioned that you've had successful submissions since those rejected ones, since Single Touch Payroll is reported on a Year to Date basis only any successful submissions will have already updated your YTD balances. In this instance you'd be ready to send through your EOFY finalisation.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• nickthearrow
    nickthearrow Member Posts: 3
    Options

I think there was a new employee at the time. Would that make a difference?

The rejected ones were the last 7 before the end of the FY. The next 6 were all succesful & in this new FY

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

I think there was a new employee at the time. Would that make a difference?

Potentially it could have if the TFN was incorrectly entered at the time and then corrected later on. Can you recall if that happened?

Moving forward from here though, when you take a look at the 2021/22 Pay Summary balances for each employee in the app, are they correct? ie. do they reflect what they should be in reality?

If so, and you're ready to send through your 2021/22 EOFY finalisation then I'd recommend doing so as it will overwrite any and all balances that the ATO currently have for that respective financial year.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.