ATO error rejections - SalSac of 100% of income for one staff member

frank
frank Member Posts: 30

Dear Rav,

I am not sure whether you can help with this one? Please find attached two pdfs of error status' which I have just seen related to a single staff member of mine who wishes to salary sacrifice 100% of her earnings. My accountant tells me this is quite legal, and I now must find a way to make the STP submission to the ATO!

The explanation from the ATO is extremely opaque (as you will see from the attachment), and I cannot see how I can adjust the numbers in the submission to overcome the problem??

Can you help?? - As always I sincerely appreciate your wisdom in all of this. Thanks

Frank

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator Posts: 13,084 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Frank

I think I'll need a bit more info around how these pay runs have been entered/setup to establish what's happening. From that error message, it looks like the end total of the pay run is ending up as a negative which is would be the cause of that rejections.

Can you go into one of those pay runs that have come back as rejected and take a screenshot of what pay items & balances you've entered into it. Please block out any sensitive info such as employee names etc, I just need to see the breakdown of the payrun.

• frank

Will do Rav. I am away from my laptop at the moment. Will send a screen shot about 4pm today. Huge thankyou!

Frank

• frank

Dear Rav,

Here is an example of the way in which I have configured this staff member's STP submission for each of the occasions where it has come back with the same error

Thanks sincerely for any advice you can provide!

Frank

• Rav
    Rav Administrator Posts: 13,084 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 25

Thanks for that Frank.

Based on your screenshot, everything looks ok in terms of how the pay run has been created so a tad strange just on face value of it.

Have you ever been able to create a pay run successfully for this employee where they sacrifice 100% of their earnings or have all submissions been rejected when its been created like this?

I went through some testing in my own account just now but unfortunately since the error follows the submission itself I'm not able to try that part since a submission is live data. With that said, can I get you to shoot me a private message with some additional details -

• Your ABN
    • Pay date of the pay run in your screenshot example
    • Name of the employee this is affecting
    • Any other screenshots showing the pay run info and error response, particularly if the error messages show any different values.

I'll see if I can do a bit more digging with our dev team.

• frank

Again, sincere thanks for looking into this. In answer to your questions:

ABN 68 074 554 528

Paydate of the screenshot was the most recent: 16 Nov 22

Only Ms Virginia Anne Adams has asked for this arrangement of 100% salsac, and in each submission, (done the same way as 16Nov22) an identical error message on all 7 instances is apparent. The instance of non-error on 7 Sep did NOT include any pay for Virginia,

However, the two submissions on 24 August: the smaller one WAS acceptable and included Virginia having some withholding tax recorded (this date was the commencement of the Salsac arrangement), with the second 24 August submission which WAS NOT accepted did include Virginia when the 100% salsac arrangement commenced for the first time.

No differences in any of the 7 error messages

Here is a visual of the submission of 24August, along with Virginia's listing for that payrun where 100% Salsac commenced. (Hers is at the bottom of the graphic, with my other staff payments above.

Hope this helps

• frank

Dear Rav,

I am not sure whether you received the above post? I apologise that somehow this communication got stuck and kept telling me it was 'in error' or somesuch

I am hoping that your technical team might have been able to see what I need to do to my past submissions which included Virginia's 100% salary sacrifice