RE: EOFY Report showing $0.00 for total gross pay

ditch
ditch Member Posts: 9
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I am just doing my 21/22 EOFY report and everything else is corect but the Total gross Pay which shows $0.00. I have checked all my pay runs and they show no gross earnings. I have entered all earnings on pay runs under monthly salary. I am guessing that is incorrect and I should have used salary instead. Do i just adjust each of the 12 pay runs adding using the correct category?

Thanks

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @ditch

Is that ‘monthly salary’ earning item a custom one that you've created yourself?

If so, I'd recommend that you review whether or not you've set it up to be tax applicable. The reason I say that is, earning items that are tax applicable are sent to the ATO as part of STP submissions, those that aren't will not appear in the submission.

To check the setup of the item go to Settings ➡ Earning items ➡ Select the earning item from the list ➡ Check whether its setup as tax applicable.

I've added an example screenshot from my test account on the left.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ditch

Rav

Thanks for the reply. I think I set it up and I am sure set up correct. I have it set up as tax free. If I change it as above will that retroactively effect the completed pay runs? If not would I just do an adjustment for all pay runs?

Thanks very much

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Ok, if you've set it up as tax free then that'll be the cause.

I think the easiest way for you to get things up to date is to add the missing earnings amount due to the incorrect earnings item to the employee's initial YTD in their profile.

Ensure that you use a tax applicable earnings item such as the default Ordinary earnings item and date it in the previous financial year. If you have existing balances showing in the initial YTD section ensure that you ADD the missing earnings balance to any earnings that have already been entered for initial YTD.

I've created a generic screen recording below which outlines how to access the initial YTD area and enter balances when there is nothing listed but its just an example and yours will likely look different so please use your own discretion.

After you've updated this, create a new end of financial year finalisation and it will show the updated balances.

Let me know if you have any questions.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ditch

Rav

Good afternoon. Thanks very much. Looks like it worked. I have also made the msistake so far for 22/23. Do the same thing and then use the correct earnings item for subsequesnt pay runs?

Also just confirming that Total RESC signifies additional super contribution from eployer?

Thanks again. Much appreciated

Drew

• Rav

@ditch

Good work Drew 👍

I have also made the msistake so far for 22/23. Do the same thing and then use the correct earnings item for subsequesnt pay runs?

Also just confirming that Total RESC signifies additional super contribution from eployer?

Also, yes correct on both counts to the above two.

• ditch

Thanks very much for your help. Greatly appreciated