Cannot Reach Server

Options
System
System Member Posts: 235 Moderator Moderator
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀
This discussion was created from comments split from: Frequently Asked Questions - Payroll App Basic plan is retiring.

Comments

• Deb_10865376
    Deb_10865376 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hi

I will be only using Reckon 1 until July 14th. I have sold my business and will no longer need this service. Can you please advise why I can read only and not able to send declaration through to ATO. (STP Submission) comes up cannot reach server??? Very confusing.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Deb

Can I just clarify, are you using Reckon One or the Reckon Payroll App? Your post was created in the Payroll App FAQ however you've mentioned Reckon One in your comment itself so just want to confirm as they're two different services.

Secondly, a 'Cannot Reach Server' error message can sometimes occur when there is missing or invalid info in either the employee or company information. If you are using the Payroll App, I'd recommend that you take a look at the information in the employee's profile to ensure that is complete but more importantly, valid. The same thing applies to the company information which you'll find in Settings ➡ Company Details

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Deb_10865376
    Options

Sorry Reckon payroll app. Have checked all details all looks correct?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Deb

Are you on the latest version of the Payroll App? The current version is 6.0.99, please check your app store for any available updates for you to install.

Once you've done that, can I get you to please delete that specific pay run.

To delete a pay run, tap on the menu button in the top right corner and then select the 'Delete draft pay run' option.

Example screenshot on the left.

After the pay run has been deleted, recreate it from scratch and try sending through the STP submission again.

Does it result in the same error?

If so, can you please take a screenshot of the error message and post it here along with advising your ABN that you've registered to your Payroll App account.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Deb_10865376
    Options

I have deleted and reloaded the app as well.

Our ABN is 16 006 773 057

Thanks

• Rav
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thanks Deb

Just confirming, have you been able to create pay runs and send through STP submissions successfully before? Do you know roughly when this issue first started occurring for you?

Are there any new employees that you've added recently just before this error started occurring? If so, is the employee information for that new employee correct and valid?

• Deb_10865376
    Options

No problem before.

I did add a new employee and have checked everything with that.

Its really odd

• Deb_10865376
    Options

Hi Rav

So random, just tried again for the 100th time and it has worked. Thanks for all the tips.

• Rav
    Options

Ah ok, well that's good to hear 😄 I was just putting the details of this together into a case to send over to my devs for further investigation but I'll hold off on that now.

Very strange though, sing out if it happens again at all and I'll make some further inquiries around it.

• joanne moylan
    joanne moylan Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as reported above in March.

We have been 2 employees, everything working fine and still does. Added a new employee in Feb and every time I create a payrun for him I cannot submit the declaration. Every single time I get the Cannot reach server error message. Is it anything to do with Branch #. We are 2. I read that somewhere. We use STP phase1, ver 6.2.15. How do you know if the employee has not been set up correctly? It appears all relevant information is there.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @joanne moylan

Can I get you to head into that new employee's profile and check whether there is an employee number entered for them in the Employment tab in their details. Screenshot example to the left.

If its blank you'll need to enter an employee number for them. It needs to be unique ie. not the same as the employee numbers that any other employees currently have.

I'd recommend it being sequential ie. if the current last employee number is 5, then add 6 for this new employee.

Once you've done that, save the employee profile.

I have a feeling you may need to recreate the pay run again ie. delete the existing one you created and then create it once more so that it contains the new info for that employee but try sending through the submission again first on the existing pay run and see how you go.

Let me know how you get on