Leave accumulate + pay slips

Options
BPGAdmin
BPGAdmin Member Posts: 9

Hi,

How do I have leave accumulate automatically when processing payroll and then having the leave balance feature on staff pay slips?

Thank you for your assistance.

Nikki

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,391 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Nikki

You can add and configure leave items to your employees in the 'Leave' tab within their profile.

If you would like to create your own leave items or change any of the default items, you can do so going to Settings ➡ Leave under the Payroll Settings section

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• BPGAdmin
    Options

Thank you, Rav,

I have been able to add leave via the leave tab and also add new leave items. I am wanting to add the leave balances to pay slips and also have the leave accrued each pay run - so far, I have only been able to add it manually.

Regards

Nikki

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,391 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hey Nikki

If you go into the specific leave items and ensure that the below option is ticked it should then appear on the payslip.

It will look like the below when a payslip is generated -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• BPGAdmin
    Options

Perfect thank you, Rav.

Just one last thing how can I have the leave accrued automatically for each pay period?

Nikki

• Rav
    Options

Hey Nikki

Apologies, I didn't see your follow up reply yesterday 😢

In regard to the leave accrual, that should happen automatically depending on the setup of the leave item that you've added to the employee.

For example, you'll see I've added the Annual Leave item to my employee to accrue at 5 hours per pay with a maximum annual entitlement of 152 hours.

After completing a single pay run for this employee, you'll see they have now accrued 5 hours worth of annual leave that is available to them.

• BPGAdmin
    Options

Thank you, Rav.

What would I do with casual workers - like myself I get paid for hours worked how do I add this to be accrued?

Nikki

• Rav
    Options

In the leave item settings there is an option to accrue via time worked -

• BPGAdmin
    Options

Thank you, Rav.

I have set this a time worked however when I raised last weeks pay run I had to manually enter the leave accrued?

• Rav
    Options

It sounds like you may not have applied the leave item to the employee. Go into the specific employee's profile then select the Leave tab.

Add the relevant leave items to the employee. When doing so, you can configure the accrual method and rate.

• BPGAdmin
    Options

Hi Rav,

I have set up the same as per below have I missed anything?

Regards,

Nikki

• BPGAdmin
    Options

Hi Rav,

This is my leave set up I do not work a certain number of hours per fortnight. Have I got my layout correct to accrue leave automatically each fortnight?

• Rav
    Options

It might be worth giving our technical support team a call so a technician can take a look at your entire setup to make sure its configured in the right way for your requirements. A support technician can also request access to your book (if required) which might make things easier.