Cannot reach server

Options
Hunter Lin
Hunter Lin Member Posts: 6 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Have tried to submit a pay run since yesterday evening for many times but kept getting the message as "The server is temporarily unavilable. Please try again later." It shows as Paid but we just couldn't submit it to ATO.

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok cool thanks for that.

Can I get you to head into that new employee's profile and check whether there is an employee number entered for them in the Employment tab in their details. Screenshot example to the left.

I know it says 'optional' on the field label but you'll need to enter an employee number for them. It needs to be unique ie. not the same as the employee numbers that any other employees currently have.

I'd recommend it being sequential ie. if the current last employee number is 5, then add 6 for this new employee.

Once you've done that, save the employee profile.

I have a feeling you may need to recreate the pay run again ie. delete the existing one you created and then create it once more so that it contains the new info for that employee but try sending through the submission again first on the existing pay run and see how you go.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Hunter Lin

Have you added any new employees recently? ie. since the last time you were able to send through an STP submission successfully?

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Hunter Lin
    Options

Thanks your prompt reply, Rav, and yes. We did add one staff recently.

• Hunter Lin
    Options

Working perfectly now and thanks so much for your help to solve this issue.

Meanwhile, does this mean that we should always put in an employee number in the future when we create a new employee file?

• Rav
    Options

The app should be doing it for you automatically but it looks like we've got something not working right at the moment. Our devs have a ticket open for this and are looking into it at the moment so hopefully it should be fixed up very soon