Why are updates on Australian shares delayed way beyond 9.00pm?

David M
David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭

Every day this week, I have attempted to update my share prices in Personal Plus 2022 at about 9.30 pm - and nothing happens until a number of hours later. We are supposed to have a 9.00 pm service. What is happening?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

I've just checked now (6:41am AEST) and its updated correctly to yesterday (see below). Can you confirm this is the case for you as well?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michael Holmes
    Michael Holmes Member Posts: 21 ✭✭

The same for me, I checked the prices at 9:20 last night and even later the night before and they had not updated but checked this morning and I had my updates. Why do we have to wait so long for the prices to update as the market closes at 4pm?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@Michael Holmes

From what I was advised a while ago, the release of data does not occur until 7pm for shares and 8pm for options. Our server will grab both sources of data in one go which is why its available at 9pm since roughly late 2016.

There have been some delays this week which we've covered in a separate post and from what I understand it was a temporary issue due to the data not being available at the usual release times. I have asked our team internally to see if there is any further information around this which I'll share if/when that comes through.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michael Holmes
    Michael Holmes Member Posts: 21 ✭✭

Thanks Rav, did an update at 9:05 last night and all was good. Cheers