Negative values for adjusting prior income for the year

frank_10114727
frank_10114727 Member Posts: 54 Reckoner Reckoner
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll

Hi Rav,

Just preparing for EOFY and tried to use a negative number (a matter of a few cents due to rounding errors associated with the 26 successive pays) to adjust an employee's YTD total year income: -

Where the rounding error required me to ADD a few cents to the total it worked fine, but then when I had to SUBTRACT a few cents, I was told negative adjustments were not allowed.

Is there a work-around??

Many thanks as always for your wisdeom

Frank

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,371 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Morning Frank

Yes you're correct, the Payroll App doesn't accept negative values in a pay run. Can you let me know what you need to amend along with how/where you were trying to do so in the app?

When it comes to making edits/corrections to previous pay runs, I'll add one of my earlier posts below that might help IF you're in the need to make a correction to a previous pay run -

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• frank_10114727

Dear Rav,

Many thanks for your helpful response. Of my total 10 employees, no-one has gross earnings errors more than 19 cents through the entire year: (the errors are entirely due to rounding during each of the 26 fortnightly submissions to the ATO.) PAYG Tax is 100% accurate down to the cent.

Super payments are also up and down for the total year with noone in error 12cents across the entire year.

Perhaps you can tell me whether this form of rounding error will cause my EOFY to fail if I leave things exactly as they are without any attempt at correction at this point?

I really appreciate you help

Frank

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,371 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

No your EOFY submission should go through without any issues.

In regard to the balances being out by a few cents though, is that due to any earnings rate being quite specific? For example earnings needing long decimal place values?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• frank_10114727

Thanks Rav: yes indeed, the figures I put in run to 8 decimal places for accuracy, but Reckon always appears to truncate the numbers (in the rate calculations) at 4 decimal places.

I am relieved if I do not need to worry about these rounding issues and trying to find a way to correct each annual total to be exactly the same as the cash paid to my staff.

• Rav

Yes you're right, I believe there's a 4 decimal place value limit on inputting rates.

My suggestion would be to not let that delay or deter you from finalising your EOFY.