Upgrading - mix up with email address

luce
luce Member Posts: 6 Novice Member Novice Member
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll πŸš€

I am a user of free Payroll App which I need to upgrade before 30 June. I followed the Upgrade instructions, downloaded the upgrade from Google Play Store. Entered my payment method and got through the Install. When the login screen appeared for the new app, it had already inserted my email address as the one I use for Google - my gmail account. I use a different email address for logging into Reckon.

To open new Payroll app, I can't use the email address I use for Reckon. Only the gmail email address is appearing in the log in screen. It won't accept my Google password or my Reckon password. I don't want to change my password for Reckon, as that is my business email and I don't want gmail address used in my business.

Google won't allow me to change my Google email address. It wont allow me to set up an alternate email address in Google, as the email address is already listed with them as a recovery email.

Stuck.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2023

Hi @luce

There are two components to this -

• The email address for your Reckon Payroll App account - ie. your sign in to the app itself
    • Your Play Store account - The Google account used for the premium plan purchase

The login credentials for your Payroll App account itself will not change after your upgrade and it should be working as normal so I just want to clarify, are you having trouble with logging into the Payroll App itself ie. this screen on the left?

Or somewhere else along the path to upgrading to the premium plan?

What's your ABN that you've registered to your app account?

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• luce
    luce Member Posts: 6 Novice Member Novice Member

Rav,

So sorry to waste your time, have just sorted. All good and thanks for quick response.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2023

No worries at all, glad its sorted πŸ™‚

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.