Setting up my loan in Reckon One

Mannkobe
Mannkobe Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

I've tried to setup a loan I took out earlier this year in Reckon One and created a liability account for it. When I checked it out it has been recorded as a credit card liability instead of a business loan. When I try to edit it or delete it won't let me do so. How do I fix this? and more generally am I doing this correctly as a sole trader?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Mannkobe

I'm not an expert in this area but I believe you'll need to delete all transactions in that credit card account and then make it Inactive. It will still be there but won't be shown on-screen and in reports configured not to show 0.00 balance accounts.

Once that is done, go to Day to Day ➡ Business ➡ Chart of Accounts and create a Liability account called Bank Loan. To record the opening balance (the loan amount) you can do a Receive Money transaction on the bank account the money was received.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.