Do I need to submit an STP for a normal pay run before I submit a full year finanalisation?

Liz Dornbrach
Liz Dornbrach Member Posts: 10 Reckoner Reckoner

We have been told by the ATO that we need to zero out stp for branch 001 and submit it for branch 008. I have set up the new branch and we have finally been able to register the software. Being this is year end, can I submit a finalisation only or do I have to submit a pay run first and then finalise in 008? I have already downloaded a final STP for 001 and have zeroed the payment amounts and will upload this but only after I am sure of what to do with 008. All pays for this year were submitted to 001.

Best Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer βœ“

Hi @Liz Dornbrach

You'll need to have sent at least one pay run under branch 008 before the EOFY finalisation will be accepted for that new branch.

Can I just ask first though, does your ABN actually have branch 008 in reality?

If yes then what I'd suggest is..

• Zeroing out under branch 001 then send through the EOFY finaliation so this branch is done and dusted.
    • Then change the branch number in your Reckon Accounts Hosted file, setup a new STP entity in GovConnect for branch 008.
    • Create and send one pay run for branch 008 via a normal STP submission.
    • Send a new EOFY finalisation for branch 008

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer βœ“

Perfect, sounds like you're all set πŸ‘

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

Answers

• Liz Dornbrach

Great I thought that might be the case.

Yes we do have a branch 008 as can be seen in the ATO portal. A few mutations of the business and we have only been granted access yesterday to the ATO.

I will submit the zero STP 001 and then change our company details to 008 and submit a pay run and finalisation.

Thanks for the quick response it is most appreciated.

• Rav

Just one more thing I'll add, when you setup the new STP entity in GovConnect for branch 008, it'll have its own/new Software ID associated with it.

So once you've created the STP entity for 008, you'll need to register the new Software ID with the ATO before you send through the first submission under it.

• Liz Dornbrach

Thanks Rav, We managed to register the new software ID yesterday when we got access to the ATO RAM and all authorisations. This was what the hold up was from our end.