EOFY Report

Options
mlatour
mlatour Member Posts: 16
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

If there have been no paid employees during the financial year, do you still have to submit a EOFY Report to the ATO? Reckon will not allow me to submit a EOFY Report

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @mlatour

If you haven't paid any employees throughout the course of the financial year then I'm assuming you haven't created any pay runs either, correct?

If that's the case then there's nothing to report and an EOFY finalisation will not generate as there is no data.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• mlatour
    Options

Thanks Rav. I did create a pay run but with zero amounts. Because it was zero is the answer still relevant?

• mlatour
    Options

I am still waiting an answer on my follow-up question - there have been no paid employees during the financial year but I have created a pay run with zero amounts, do I need to submit a EOFY report? If so, how do I do this on Reckon APP, it won't let me.

Do I have to delete the pay run with zero amounts that I have created? How do I do this?

• mlatour
    Options

I am still waiting an answer on my follow-up question - there have been no paid employees during the financial year but I have created a pay run with zero amounts, do I need to submit a EOFY report? If so, how do I do this on Reckon APP, it won't let me.

Do I have to delete the pay run with zero amounts that I have created? How do I do this?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @mlatour

Just to clarify for my own understand, is there a particular reason you created pay runs with zero figure balances? ie. if there is no earnings, super, tax etc why were these pay runs created?

To answer your question, in your case an EOFY finalisation won't generate because there is nothing to report ie. your pay runs don't have any balances.

If you want to delete the pay runs, you can do so by switching them to draft status then selecting the delete pay run option.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• mlatour
    Options

thanks. I created one pay run with zero balances because I thought I needed to submit an EOFY report to the ATO even though no earnings, super, tax etc were made during the financial year.

How do I switch the pay run to draft status and then delete? I have already 'successfully' submitted it to the ATO.

• mlatour
    Options

thanks. I created one pay run with zero balances because I thought I needed to submit an EOFY report to the ATO even though no earnings, super, tax etc were made during the financial year.

How do I switch the pay run to draft status and then delete? I have already 'successfully' submitted it to the ATO

• Rav
    Options

Below is a recording I created a while back so the screen might look a little different but its the same process -

• mlatour
    Options

How do I switch the pay run to draft status and then delete? I have already 'successfully' submitted it to the ATO

thanks but the Pay Run I created on 19 June 2023 does not appear under the Pay Run tab (see attached). I therefore cannot access it to change to 'draft' and then 'delete'. It does however appear under STP but I cannot edit this (see attached)

• mlatour
    Options

thanks but the Pay Run I created on 19 June 2023 does not appear under the Pay Run tab (see attached). I therefore cannot access it to change to 'draft' and then 'delete'. It does however appear under STP but I cannot edit this (see attached)

IMG_2638.PNG

Uploaded 11:04 am304.41 KB

IMG_2637.PNG

Uploaded 11:04 am334.53 KB

• Rav
    Options

If the pay run for that submission isn't appearing in your Pay Runs tab, then its likely you've already deleted it.

From what you've outlined so far, it doesn't look like there is anything required for you to do.

• mlatour
    Options

thanks so much for your help.