PAYG Tax incorrect for first week's pay period in 2023-2024

Options
Bill Pidding
Bill Pidding Member Posts: 9
edited July 2023 in Reckon One

I have just run the pays for the first week's pay period for 2023-2024.

In Pay Runs my Pay ending date is Sunday July 2 and my Pay date is Saturday July 1. The pays including individual taxes withheld are correctly calculated in this function.

However, when I come to the Single touch payroll function the total withheld tax for all employees is correct but the individual tax for each employee is showing as zero.

How do I fix this?

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,494 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I have lodged 2 this morning and all is as it should be in GovConnect

• Bill Pidding
    Options

Sorry I still need guidance on my query. Thanks.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,494 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Where exactly is this showing as Zero?

• Bill Pidding
    Options

Note, I am using Reckon One Payroll.

It is when I get to the Single touch payroll step. The week's gross and net wages plus super are correctly calculated for each employee and the total tax is correct but the individual tax amounts are showing as zero. As a result the individual tax amounts are not being sent through to the ATO, only the total tax.

I have just run a test for the 2nd week of the new 2023-2024 year (ie. with a July 2024 start and a July 2024 end date) and all amounts, including individual taxes are correct.

So I am thinking it may have something to do with the dates for the first week, where the start date is June 26 and the end date is July 2.

Can you advise?

Many thanks.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,032 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @Bill Pidding

I'll move this post over from the Reckon Accounts category to Reckon One so its in the right place 🙂.

In regard to your issue, I'll have a word with our teams in regard to this. I have a gut feeling there maybe a bug where the pay date is specifically set to July 1 its resulting in the behaviour you're seeing.

As a test, if you were to change the pay date of that first pay run to July 2, does it populate the missing information?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bill Pidding
    Options

OK I will try that and let you know, probably by tomorrow. Thanks.

• Bill Pidding
    Options

Hi Rav, Yes, I changed all 3 dates for the first week of the new financial year to July 2nd and it processed correctly.

Seems like a problem with the date of July 1.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Bill