EOFY Why does my Gross change after submission to Ato

Jane123
Jane123 Member Posts: 6 Novice Member Novice Member
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

When I create my EOFY year to send to ATO the Gross, Tax and Super amount are all correct match my reports and banking etc

When It has processed it shows my Gross only being $4998.58 less than what it was when I sent it, Tax is correct.

I have done a 0.00 EOFY until I can find out why

I have looked at the employees whose had changed in the return submission but can find nothing in there records that is different.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Jane123

Are you referring to the total gross column that appears on the 2022/23 EOFY Submission History page? Screenshot example below -

If so, I've asked our Payroll App team about this yesterday afternoon and they're taking a look into a few reports of this. I'll keep you posted with any info I can find out.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Jane123

Yes

I also have the problem with one staff member who got wrong amount does not match the amount pre or posting sending EOFY report when I send a zero report it does not change hers so unless I asked her to look at her MY Gov and just based it on reports hers figure did not match any report but how was I supposed to know this ?

She is one where her amount looks correct even after sending so for me this is a big concern

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

When you say you sent a zero report, are you referring to sending an EOFY finalisation where you toggled on the 'Set all values to 0.00' option?

What that does is switch the balances the ATO have received from all your prior submissions to zero.

I'm getting a bit more info from my dev team in regard to the mismatch in the gross balance and I'll let you know about that as soon as I know.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Jane123

Yes that is what I meant I did not want anyone processing wrong figures.

I have asked 2 staff to check MY gov after doing the zero report and 1 has gone to zero the other is still a $amount it is wrong amount but not zeroed so am unsure what is going on with her MY gov, It is not the amount I am sending in report or even the success report.

What concerns me is I don't know if anymore are like this.

I see these as two different issues the missmatch and the incorrect figs in her my gov cause she is not one of the staff with a miss matched amount.

• PkW
    PkW Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Yes .. I am having the same issue on my Reckon Payroll App when trying to complete EOFY22-23 report.

When I click to create EOFY report the draft report is correct and matches all my payroll records. However on clicking and completing declaration and submitting, the report lodged with ATO has mysteriously changed. A single employee gross salary has been altered (for reasons completely unclear to me) and making the entire submission incorrect. All other employees gross amounts unaltered, while other values for tax, super etc are unchanged and remain correct.

Can't find a answer, and although somewhat relieved that others are experiencing a similar difficulty, am pretty frustrated with the time and expense doing gratis ATO compliance. Just trying to get on with the real work as a solo operator, that keeps my employees paid and in a job.

Has anyone found a solution?

• Rav

I've been speaking with our Payroll app dev team and this is currently under investigation.

I'll share more info here as soon as I receive further updates from the team.

Apologies for the confusion and hassle this is causing at the moment.

• Jane123
    edited July 2023

My issues has currently been elevated to the back end team and the last I heard was that I may receive MFA codes and just ignore them.

I received a code request at 4:13 pm I am guessing it was Reckon support well I hope it was but have not heard anything as yet.

Interesting things I was told whilst dealing with this :

1. Do not keep trying sending reports as it takes the ATO 48 hrs to process each one. 2. do not send Zero reports

I am unsure if this is true as it is not what the two staff that are looking at there My gov are finding. If I don't zero after a incorrect success report which has magically changed from when I send declaration and send to ATO as above the staff could process based on wrong figures as it is saying ready in there MY Gov app.

1 staff stated as soon as I rang her after seeing success her value had changed both to an amount and then after sending a zero report it had changed to zero so that one seems to be instantly not 48 hrs.

the other staff members is just strange the amount in her My Gov is showing as a completely random $amount ? hers does not change when I send a new EOFY report nor a zero EOFY report yet her my gov says the amount is from me and ready for her to start her tax return.

Whilst I understand we are only three or so years in in this electronic submission (3 for me) I am finding this a bit concerning that the EOFY report and in this one girls case both before after transmission her $ amounts are correct yet her My gov is showing a different $amount unless I had asked her to check for me what the $ figure in her My gov was, none of us would have been the wiser , I am not sure how many more staff have this problem as well and unless I send a txt to them with what it should be and get them to check before they do tax return how am I going to know that this is not more than 1 staff problem. I have young staff that never check emails have never opened a pay slip and probably get there best friend to do tax return because she got a pass in maths and that is reality.

Maybe this case above is just random and something really stupid I did but for the success report to show one dollar amount and send another that does not match anything including EOFY total in her own employee record does concern me how do we find out how many affected, do I have to send every staff a txt and ask them to check because I cannot guarantee it will be correct after upload to ATO and have no way of knowing what is being sent to ATO as in this staffs case.

• PkW
    PkW Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

I share your concerns, and potentially a major hassle establishing veracity of the submitted EOFY report for each employee. I too have employees who seldom (if at all) read payslips and I am not desiring to be considered responsible for errors in their tax filing. I don't even want to consider the unholy marriage with their myGov (so I won't).

Good information re 1. Not resending reports (Oops! I sent x3 trying to overcome the mismatch between correct created draft report and incorrect submitted ATO report) ; 2. Not submitting Zero report

The way I see it, you never really want to be the small business Beta testing user with this increasingly intrusive and ever growing compliance data-entry requirements. I wonder if these outlaw MC types we watch on 4-corners are having the same troubles with auto-adjusting EOFY22-23 when they hit the declaration button on the App?

I wait for an explanation and solution from the development team on this one, that sees a fix to the current predicament, and correction especially to those of us who have unwittingly but in good faith hit the declare and send button...

Appreciate others posting update of their progress too..

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 Reckoner Reckoner
    edited July 2023

I've noticed this occurring after submitting a client's EOFY from the app as well.

To be fair though, I think there's a bit too much panic being exhibited in this post. An end of financial year report can be sent as many times as required so whenever Reckon come back to us with more info, we can just send through another one which will wipe out the previous, IF, I repeat, IF there's been a genuine problem with that figures that have been sent.

• Jane123

Hi Eric,

Funny you say we can send The Reckon end of financial year report as many times as we like , I have been told by support at Reckon not to and each one takes 48 hrs to update the employees MY Gov.

As an employer already I have staff asking when it is going to be done and because when we do upload it marks the record in the MY GOV as ready to lodge, so as you say IF the records being sent are incorrect which Reckon development team as my issues which are the same as you and PKW have stated they are.

Whose problem is it if the staff process the inaccurate amounts , does that not matter to anyone because in my case it is the gross that is changing not the tax, so to me they will have paid to much tax and the ATO will give them a refund based on that won't they ? so when this issue is fixed my staff has already lodged received refund then I lodge the real figures whose issue is it ?

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 Reckoner Reckoner

Jane, all you need to do is tell your staff not to process their tax return just yet if you're that concerned. Its pretty simple stuff that you're overthinking.

Anywho, has it actually been confirmed that the changed balance aka the incorrect balance has been received by the ATO or if it's just a problem with how the reckon app is displaying the balance on that EOFY screen?

Best not to jump at shadows just yet.

• Rav

Hey everyone,

I know there's a bit of concern around the EOFY and the balances you're seeing after its been sent. As mentioned above, this is under investigation by our teams at the moment however I have asked them to confirm whether this is an issue affecting the display of balances within the product only and also to confirm what balances are being sent to the ATO.

I expect to have confirmation of that on Monday which I will share with you as soon as I have it.

To clarify something that has been mentioned above, an EOFY finalisation CAN indeed be sent through again if the need to do so arises and yes it will overwrite any and all previous balances that have come before it.

@Jane123 I believe the team may have advised you about the 48 hour timeframe due to processing times only.

Before we go down that track though lets just hold fire until the situation gets a bit clearer. Rest assured, you'll be the first to know as soon as I do.

• Jane123

Hi Rav,

I can confirm the incorrect balances are being sent to the ATO as the incorrect balance is showing in my Staffs My GOV accounts and this is my issue these incorrect balances are being shown as Tax ready.

Whose issue is that RAV ? The wrong amounts and it being labelled Tax ready

• Rav

Hi @Jane123, @Eric Murphy & @PkW

I've just been speaking with our dev team in relation to this and they have advised that from everything we've investigated, the CORRECT data is being sent to the ATO in the EOFY finalisation submission.

The issue with the display of balances changing on the EOFY screen after submission is isolated to within the product itself and not the data transmission that is sent. Our teams continuing to work on this and formulate a fix for that part of the EOFY screen after a submission has been sent.

@Jane123 you've mentioned that you have confirmed the incorrect balances have been received on the employee's MyGov account. Can you please send me a private message with a screenshot of this along with a screenshot of your EOFY screen in your Reckon Payroll app before and after submission so we can compare. Please include your ABN in the private message.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep you posted with more news on this in regard to the fix for the EOFY screen.