How do u change the super to 11%

mel_10460334
mel_10460334 Member Posts: 77 Reckoner Reckoner
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll πŸš€

HI i have noticed with the pay run im about to submit today the super is still calculating it at 10.5% when the super has changed to 11%

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @mel

After you click YES to the following message it will update the super rate to 11%

This message will appear when you click on the Employee Centre, when you try to process a pay and I also believe it appears the first time you launch your file on 2023.

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• mel_10460334

hi rav thanks

but i didnt get that message i had to go into settings to change it myself does that mean i will have to chnage it weekly??

• mel_10460334

also the pay run i have submitted now has calculated the super at the old rate! do i need to revert the pay run now?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Mel,

Have you upgraded to the 2023 version of Reckon Accounts Hosted?

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,555 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

If you go to the super payroll item and change to 11% - or better still open 2023 and use the migration assistant, you will still have to go back into the individual pays and delete the pay item and reenter to force the recalc of super

• mel_10460334

Thanks kris I have another question with super changing from July 1 how does the payroll app calculate the two different percentages in the one week? For example thursday the 29th and Friday the 30th of June super should be 10.5% and from 1 July super should be 11 % or should that whole first week be calculated to 11%

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,555 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

As it’s a July pay it’s 11% as far as I know, even though it spans 2022 and 2023

• mel_10460334

Ok thanks so much kris so I need to revert the pay run I did today and change the super to 11% them resubmit it?

• Rav

Hi Mel,

Can I just clarify, you've mentioned the Payroll App above however this post has been created under the Reckon Accounts Hosted category, which software are you using?

The reason I ask is, the message from my screenshot above appears in the Reckon Accounts Hosted product and is not relevant to the Payroll App.

If you're using the Payroll App, it will automatically apply the 11% rate on a pay run dated in the 2023/24 financial year AND you're using a Super Guarantee item that is set to calculate on the statutory rate.

If you've created a pay run for the 2023/24 financial year (ie. a pay run dated 1 July 2023 or after) with super at 10.5% then you'll need to edit that pay run.

There's info on how to edit a pay run in the Payroll App in the guide below -

• mel_10460334

Hi rav yes I’m using the payroll app and it didn’t automatically change the super to 11% so I have reverted the pay run back to draft and made the change myself and resubmitted it to the ato I also went into the super tab under the employees sldetails and made sure that super is now being calculated at 11%

• Rav

Cool, thanks Mel.

I'll move this post over to the Payroll App category. Ok, so just confirming everything is all good now?