Why can I no longer alternate between company files since updating to Reckon 2023

AnnMarie
AnnMarie Member Posts: 7 Reckoner Reckoner
edited July 2023 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi Team, We use Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2023 Desktop version and have multiple users.

I run 2 company files and prior to upgrading to Reckon 2023 I could open and close these files as needed throughout a day, regardless of who else was working on that file. I was in multi-user mode and no one else had to exit the first company file in order for me to open the 2nd. (I am the only one who requires the 2nd company file).

Since upgrading, if I try to close out of one company file I get a message stating that "the company file cannot be closed at this time because there is another application which is using it....."

Do I really need to get all other computers to log out of one company in order for me to open the other?

Ann-Marie

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,209 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @AnnMarie

Are BOTH of those files in Multi-User mode? ➡ Important

Do you have any kind of backup process/software running on your PC that is including your QBW file?

OR

Alternatively, do you have your company file(s) in a cloud-based storage service eg. Dropbox and are using it directly from there?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• AnnMarie

Yes both files are in multi-user mode. No there was nothing running in the background, and no we don't use cloud based storage.

• AnnMarie

OK - so this is very strange. We just had a black out and when everything was re-started I can now switch between files just like I used to.

This is odd because I had actually re-started the computers before I sent the question in. It appears all is well again.

Thank you Rav for your very prompt response to my question.