EOFY figures not updating after payroll change

scrosbie
scrosbie Member Posts: 11 Novice Member Novice Member
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll πŸš€

Hi

i had to change a super payment amount before EOFY submission. The payroll now reflects ok and was submitted to ato, but the reportable amount has not updated on EOFY, so I can’t submit.

When will this update on the EOFY figure.

thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @scrosbie

Can you give me a bit more detail on this. What did you update in the payrun and how did you do it specifically? ie. which pay items were used, added/removed etc.

RESC will appear in the EOFY finalisation provided that you've used a super item that is subject to it. For example Employer Additional, Salary Sacrifice etc.

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• scrosbie

Thanks for responding. I updated payroll - super guarantee- fixed amount from $391 down to $ 300 was a typo. It was payroll 30 Sept 2022. Gross $14040 for the year so my 10.5 should be $ 1474.20 with resc $ 316. It has not reduced the amount of $91, which was the typ, corrected and submitted.

• scrosbie

I did not use any of those mentioned categories - all I can access is percentage, fixed or statutory. All of the other payrolls seem to have been ok as fixed.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Morning @scrosbie

I just tried testing this out in my own account and I can't seem to replicate this. Did you make this edit in the mobile app or the web access of your Payroll App account?

If it was the mobile app, are you on the latest version of the app? Currently v6.2.15. Check your app store for any available updates.

Also, if you logout of your Payroll App account, close the app in full and log back in after a couple of minutes does the balance refresh to the correct amount?

Lastly, if you login to the web access of your Payroll App account here - https://payroll.reckon.com/ and check the YTD balance for this employee, is it correct? ie. reflect the change in super

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• scrosbie

Hi, yes I am using version 6.2.15. I completed the edit in the mobile app. Yes, I have logged out and in several times over 48 hours. Yes, I am currently also on the laptop version and No the figures did not update again.

To complete the change I logged in on the mobile app, went to the required payroll, went to the required employee, reduced the Super fixed amount down to the correct amount. Hit resubmit to ATO. Payroll for that period then looked correct.

Going to do the EOFY, I noticed the super and RESC, whilst the correct overall sum of super/resc is correct - the breakup of the figures is incorrect. I have tried doing an adjustment on the laptop version, it doesn't do what I need it to.

Any suggestions please, as if I submit the EOFY as it stands it appears my employer had not paid the correct super contribution.

Do I have to amend the payroll applicable again? Even though now it looks Ok.

Thanks for your time

• Rav

@scrosbie

Can you please run a Payroll Summary report in the app (tap on Reports at the bottom) for the previous financial year period and confirm whether the employee's pay breakdown is accurate in terms of the super and RESC.

I'd also suggest creating another payroll summary report, for the specific period of the pay run in question that was edited and just check what generates in regard to the breakdown of the pay components.

• scrosbie

Hi, Payroll Summary for year - the grand total of Super is correct - the RESC is not.

I have run payroll summaries for all quarters (pay periods). I think I have worked out how the system works. Instead of being an annual calculation for the annual gross income @10.5, because the RESC is worked out per pay period and some pay periods the RESC was nil and others were in excess, the RESC is the addition of those 2 period that were in excess...rather than the annual gross wage calculation of super and RESC.

Given that - the question is how can the 'break up' be changed. to show correct RESC and employer contribution for the annual period... is this something I can do manually...

Thanks

• Rav

Yes that's correct, RESC is calculated based on the specific pay run when a RESC component is is added in that pay run. It won't/can't calculate on pay runs where it hasn't been added so if you've had pay runs in the past where there has been no RESC then it won't calculate on any earnings/super in those pay runs.

If you need to change the make-up of super & RESC, then you'll need to edit the respective pay runs.

Just something else to keep in mind, all balances that are reported via STP are done so on a Year to Date basis only.

• scrosbie

Ok, thanks Rav. I’ll go back and adjust several of the periods to get the outcome I need annually.

Appreciate your assistance.