Superannuation totals not adding up to super entries

Options
BobJones
BobJones Member Posts: 7 ✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have one employee who has his super guarantee entry saved for each pay period but from two months ago none of these are in the total submitted to the ATO. Its like the app won't include it for some reason but it is there in the detail. 

Any ideas on what I can do to rectify this? Is anyone else finding this is happening?

Best Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,428 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hmm very odd.

Ok so this is affecting a period of two months, correct? Can I get you to go into one of those specific pay runs and edit that pay run back to Draft status. Go to the SG item and edit it in some fashion ie. amend the balance, remove it entirely etc and then mark the pay run as paid again.

Once that is done back in one more time and edit it again and return the SG item back to normal ie. what it should be and again mark the pay run as paid.

This will force the app to recalculate the balances of the pay run and I just want to see if that initiates a 'refresh' so to speak that will get those SG balances back into the YTD Summary and EOFY finalisation.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,428 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Glad that the first part is sorted 👍

Ok in regard to the tax component for this specific employee, have you now changed the tax selection in her profile?

If so, if you go back to those pay runs that are now incorrect and edit it. Select the specific employee and remove the earnings item. Re-add it and it should calculate the tax balance under Scale 2: Tax free threshold claimed. Re-mark the pay run as paid.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Rav
    Options

Hi @BobJones

This sounds a bit odd. Has there been any change or difference in the specific super guarantee pay item that is being used for this employee?

Are you using just the default super guarantee item or have you created your own custom one?

When you look at the YTD summary for this employee in their profile, the Payroll Summary report (under Reports) or the EOFY finalisation submission screen, is the super guarantee balance that appears in all of those places accurate?

• BobJones
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

The YTD summary is inaccurate which is how I spotted this issue. The detail includes the super which is what I check each time I lodge the payrun but the totals don't.

I havent changed any of his details for super at any time. I've used the default super guarantee.

Any ideas?

• Rav
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me @BobJones

Ok so when you check the actual individual pay runs themselves, there is valid SG balances within every single pay run? ie. it shows a balance against the Super Guarantee item you've added to it?

Aside from the super item itself, are you using any custom earning items? The reason I ask is, if you are, then you need to ensure that you've added that specific custom item to calculate super guarantee. This is quite important when you create your own custom earning item.

Or are you just using the default Ordinary earnings item?

• BobJones
    Options

Hi Rav,

Yes, the individual super (SG) balance is there - its just the totals that arent so then the YTD ones aren't too.

And I am just using the Ordinary earnings item.

• BobJones
    Options

Hi

I've just done that once and it seems to have worked. Only 4 more to go!

I'll do them all then see if the YTD is updated correctly.

• BobJones
    Options

Hi Rav,

That seems to have worked and the YTD is correct too.

Thankyou.

• BobJones
    Options

I do have another question?

I have an employee where she altered her TFT from 1 to 2 so I've now realised her earlier Payroll runs do not have the correct tax amounts taken out for her first four payruns. Can I retrospectively alter the TFT so this adds up correctly?

• BobJones
    Options

I did try that but it didnt stay at the TFT 1 level when I went back in to try to correct it.

I've redone it again and it did work on most of the payruns. Some I had to manually update in the detail part although the summary page was updated to the new tax level. So, they are all adding up correctly now in the YTD report and I've resubmitted them too.

Thankyou for your help with this.

I think I need to enter this information in the future on my desktop, not the mobile app, so I can check for these issues prior to submitting too. Thanks again.