EOFY YTD Figures Incorrect/Over

nhammy
nhammy Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll πŸš€

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of finalizing my EOFY submission however my YTD figures are incorrect/over the actual amount for this last financial year.

The issue is when I submitted my payrun for June 2022, I forgot to set the pay date for 30th June 2022 and it had been set for July 2022, therefore the gross wage and tax from June 2022 has been added to my YTD figures for 2022/23 FY.

I did do an adjusted payrun/event last year, where I fixed the pay date to June 30th, however the app did not account for this adjustment in the YTD figures for the 2022/23FY. I tried to update/edit the YTD figures however it does not allow negative values.

Does anyone know how to manually adjust the YTD to be LOWER than what is actually displayed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @nhammy

Yes this was a previous limitation in the app where changing the pay date that crosses from one financial year to another would not 'transfer' the balances to that financial year. This has recently been updated so the app will now do this moving forward.

For your specific case, I think we'll need to force the app to refresh your pay run so that its triggered to reallocate the balance of that pay run (hopefully that makes sense).

Can you do me a favour and edit this particular pay run again and change something about it temporarily ie. maybe set the pay date to 29 June 2022 and then mark it as paid again.

Once that is done, check the YTD Summary in the employee profile for the respective financial year, is it now correct? ie. has the balance of that of that pay run been 'removed' from that year?

If not, you may need to change a component in the pay run eg. remove an earnings item then mark the pay run as paid. Re-edit the pay run to re-add the earnings item and mark the pay run as paid again. Before we go down that road though try out the above first and hopefully that gets you back on track.

Would be keen to hear how you get on.

Cheers

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• nhammy
    nhammy Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav,

Thanks very much for taking the time to get back to me and help me out!

I’ve done the above as instructed - edited the pay date and marked as paid again and that seems to have done the trick. YTD figures for the last financial year are correct now!

Thanks again - greatly appreciated!

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Great work @nhammy, glad its sorted πŸ‘

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.