Customer Overcharge

Options
Roland
Roland Member Posts: 24

Hi Community,

I have resold a software subscription to a customer 2 weeks ago, they have paid the invoice and I have received it in Reckon.

My supplier contacted me some days later and informed that they had mistakenly charged for a different product which is more expensive.

How do I sort this out in Reckon, please?

Should I just edit the original invoice and ...?

I am accounting challenged, so please give me a simple, dummy solution or at least worded simply 😂

Thanks in Advance

Roland

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,319 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Assuming you will be refunding the overcharge to the customer- you should do an adjustment note, click ok and then tick refund. This will then put a payment through in the bank

• Roland
    Options

@Kris_Williams Thank you for your reply. It all seemed to work quite well and I balance with the bank.

I do have one query though. I didn't really know which account to use as the From Account when I was in Make Deposits window depositing the refund from my supplier, so I chose Miscellaneous. Will this be a problem?

TIA,

Roland

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,319 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

It should go to the same account you posted the original payment to your supplier, using the same tax code on the original purchase, as it is reducing your outlay. You need to enter a credit from your supplier similar to the adjustment note you gave the customer

• Roland
    Options

@Kris_Williams OK, so I paid for the original purchase by Credit Card and used the account Computer: Software. I haver changed the From Account in the Make Deposit to Computer: Software. Is this correct?

Thanks

Roland

• Kris_Williams
    Options

No Didn’t the original purchase include GST, and if this is a refund you won’t use the make deposit, you’ll use a credit note from the supplier. How did you enter the original purchase?

• Roland
    edited July 2023
    Options

I'm not GST registered. The original purchase was done with Credit Card. I use a supplier account called Mastercard. I asked the supplier to refund to my Business trading account.

• Kris_Williams
    edited July 2023
    Options

Ok so you can do a make deposit to Business trading account from the name Mastercard (although that name should have been the name of the actual supplier) and the account will be Computer:Software

You might consider having a couple of hours training from an accredited trainer, would make things a lot simpler for you and help you to setup your file a little better

• Roland
    Options

OK, thanks for your help on this. Your suggestion is also taken on board.

Much appreciated.

On a normal day, I have no problems, but things like this happen once in a blue moon for me and it's absolutely mind boggling.

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Glad to be of help Roland