EOFY figures showing some Overtime values to staff when there should be none.

Options
TLee
TLee Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Our accountant encountered a discrepancy with our actual Reckon EOFY Gross Totals. Ive triple checked and can confirm that each payrun for the whole year is correct, but for some reason the EOFY report shows some end of year incorrect Gross amounts and on those, some overtime values when there should not be any overtime. Im not sure what to do about this. We do not have any overtime. Please assist. Thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,537 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @TLee

Where specifically is this discrepancy? Within your Reckon Payroll App account itself or somewhere else?

Is your YTD Summary for each employee and the EOFY finalisation within your Reckon Payroll App itself correct? ie. do they reflect the true balances that they should be in reality?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hello @TLee

Normally this can occur if the Employee's "Standard Hours Worked Per Week" overlaps the amount of time an employee works (e.g. if they have 38 hours listed in their "Standard Hours Worked Per Week", but their payrun lists 40 hours of hourly work for that week), it can sometimes over-shoot the amount the employee is owed.

Outside of that, I would suggest running a Payroll Summary report for that employee and ensuring that their pays do not contain any pay items out of the ordinary.

Regards,

Alex M.

Senior Technical Support

• TLee
    Options

When I did the Reckon Payroll App end of 2022-2023 financial year report summary it shows a different Gross figure than what it should. I checked each pay run I completed on Reckon Payroll for the year and they are correct. What i did discover was that on the end of financial year report summary it itemises overtime payments to our junior casuals. These should not be there as we do not pay overtime to junior casuals. Is there a setting that needs to be changed?

• TLee
    Options

@Alexander McKeown I suspect you are correct regarding checking the standard hours worked per week. I have these junior casuals marked at 0 standard hours. I will have to correct this and hopefully it will rectify. How would i do the update submission to ato then? Would i have to do an update to each and every payrun?

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hello @TLee ,

To amend this, you will need to update the Junior Casuals' Standard Hours Worked Per Week to the average amount of hours they work (if you are uncertain, use the past quarter as a frame of reference).

After this, you can do the following:

1. Revert the payrun back to draft
    2. Edit the effected employee's pay details
    3. Remove their earnings items from the pay-run
    4. Let this recalculate (this may take a moment)
    5. Add their earnings item back in
    6. Finish the payrun again
    7. Submit to the ATO, ensuring the "Submit as an Adjustment" or "Submit as Adjustment" box is ticked.

You may need to do this per payrun.

After which, you can resubmit the EOFY STP to the ATO to amend their EOFY/Income Statement figures.

Regards,

Alex M

Senior Technical Support

• TLee
    Options

@Alexander McKeown thank you for your detailed work through. I’ll give it a go.

• TLee
    Options

@Rav or @Alex Is there a way i can bring up a report on individual employee payments for the 2022-2023 year? Eg Can i nominate an employee and be able to see a report of each payment made to them in that year? Thanks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,537 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @TLee

I think the Payroll Detail report will help you out here.

See example below, it will show you detail on the pay items and pay runs and can be customised on a pay run/employee level.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• TLee
    Options

Hi @Rav ,

After working 3 days and nights going through each payrun and individual pay details looking for needles in the haystack, I discovered a few issues that may have been responsible for why my EOFY Summary report was different to what the ATO had in file. As I fixed one particular detail on all affected payruns, another issue would arise with those that i thought i had rectified. The software seemed to have a mind of its own by not auto including Super Guarantee amounts to the payruns i had to edit. So I had to go back and re do all of them again and manually add the super amounts. And then again with another issue! As i said, it took me a full 3 days of waking hours working on it! And Im back here to report that my accountant has notified me that all the editing and resubmitting to the ATO that i did last week had absolutely no affect on the total figure they still have which is incorrect. How can this be? My Reckon EOFY Summary report i resubmitted to them is correct. I also noticed that there were 3 payruns in the year that had duplicated submissions. This could have been done due to weak wifi at the time or other delays in communication with Reckon so the submit button was pressed twice in error. These are showing in the payrun and STP Compliance area. But why are they not showing in my EOFY Report totals? Anyway Id appreciate it if we can email each other out of the community so that you may be able to help sort out this problem with me, in what i seem to be doing wrong. 😞 Thanks, Tania

• TLee
    Options

@Rav and @Alex sorry to tag you again, could you please read my comment above sent yesterday. Im having issues i dont know how to rectify and its getting urgent as the ato currently have incorrect figures for my 2022-2023 annual payroll. Thanks, Tania

• Rav
    Options

Hi Tania

While I don't have access to your account to see specifics in terms of any changes you've made recently or any submissions etc, let's just boil this down to make it a bit simpler in terms of what needs to happen next.

Right now, if you open a NEW 2022/23 end of financial year finalisation in the Reckon Payroll App/Web, are the total balances you see there for each employee correct?

If so, then I'd recommend sending through that new finalisation, doing so will overwrite any and all previous balances that are at the ATO end.

Or, are the balances in your EOFY finalisation screen incorrect? I don't think they are based on what you've mentioned above but I'll wait for you to confirm that.

• TLee
    Options

Hi @Rav thanks for yr reply. I already resubmitted the EOFY summary with the correct figures last week. Even now when i open that summary it shows the correct figures. It doesn’t seem to have done an over ride to any of the edits and re submits to any of the payruns or the EOFY summary i submitted as far as my accountant can see on the ATO portal. Its still showing the inflated incorrect figure it originally did prior to my corrections.

• Rav
    Options

That part of it sounds odd to me 🤔. The EOFY submission shows a Success status correct?

Unfortunately we don't have any visibility or control over what happens on the ATO Business Portal end after the submissions have been sent and I'm genuinely not trying to shift blame here but if the EOFY submission is showing a 'Success' status then the response we've received back from the ATO is that its been processed successfully.

It might be worth having a chat with the ATO on why those successful EOFY submissions are not appearing on their portal.

• TLee
    Options

Thats correct. Its showing Success for the lastest EOFY submission, which has the correct figures.

Just to clarify another point. Each of the edited and resubmitted payruns i did that are showing in the Compliance list show $0 amounts. Is that how it should be (as they are an edited correction)?

• Rav
    edited August 2023
    Options

@TLee

Yes if you sent through the edits you made to those pay runs as update events/adjustments then they will appear with $0.00 in the compliance menu which is normal.

When you send an Update Event ie. to reflect changes to pay run balances it adjusts employee data only. There is no employer component to those update event submissions which is why it only shows that an entry has been received in the ATO Business Portal but doesn't show the detail ie. balances/figures.

• TLee
    Options

@Rav

Thanks for confirming this. Im just trying to find reason for the differing figures….I seem to have exhausted it on my side, and with you, so will take the next step and contact the ATO to get some advice or reasoning. Thanks, and I’ll update once done.

• Rav
    Options

Please do come back and let me know as I'd be keen to understand what's happening with this.

• TLee
    Options

@Rav

Just wanted to let you know about a possible glitch i came across that caused an issue that took hours to find and then fix. When I followed Alexanders work through above to correct the Usual Hours worked for the casuals from 0 to 38 to fix the overtime hours problem, I did everything to a T but when I checked the updated EOFY totals, the total super figures were way off. After much searching I discovered that in the payruns that i had edited in regards to the overtime hours issue, the adult employees (whose details did not require changing) did not include the Auto Super Guarantee figures. So i had to go back and individually click on to activate the super guarantee option for each employee in each of the affected payruns and re submit them all again. You can imagine my frustration.