Multi factorial authentication

Options
JohnOptom
JohnOptom Member Posts: 18

Is it possible for the system to send an SMS to 2 phone numbers. Or how can I organise to have 2 different people able to log into reckon.

If it is using the Google authenticator do I have to revoke the SMS first.

Comments

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 195 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @JohnOptom,

You can only have one phone number for your multi-factor authentication. However, you can share your Reckon One book to another to access through the Reckon Portal and they will have their own MFA.

Please do the following:

1. Click the menu button on your Reckon One book.
    2. Click 'Share with...'
    3. Select 'user'
    4. Enter the email address of the account you would like to share with. If the other individual doesn't currently have a Reckon Portal account they can setup one up free HERE.

Select the appropriate permissions for the user:

Once this user setup has been completed, they are ready to start accessing the Reckon one book.

Kind regards,

Lucas

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,032 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @JohnOptom

Just adding to the info from @Lucas above, you'll need to share both the Reckon One book and the STP entity in GovConnect to the person you're looking to share with.

The person you're sharing with will be able to set their own MFA when logging in via their own account to access your shared book.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JohnOptom
    Options

Thanks Lucas and Rav,

You guys are legends

Cheers

John

• JohnOptom
    Options

Hi Rav, (I just realised I probably should have put this problem in this thread and not the other one)

I made my daughter an administrator and when she logged in successfully to Reckon one but when she tried to enter the payroll she was denied.

Any help please

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,032 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @JohnOptom

You'll need to share both the Reckon One book (which sounds like you've already done) and also the associated STP entity that you have in GovConnect to her account.

You can share the STP entity by going into GovConnect first, then clicking the menu button on your STP entity and select Share with User.

There's more info on how to share an STP entity in our help guide HERE.

Give that a go and I'm fairly certain that should do the trick but let us know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JohnOptom
    Options

I did that but it comes up with

You don’t have permission to view Reckon Payroll

There’s nothing for you to see here. You can request permission from your admin or sign in with a different account.

I tried deleting her as a user and re adding but it didn't work, same message as above.

• JohnOptom
    Options

She can get into the single touch payroll via the Gov Connect link.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @JohnOptom

I believe I should still be able to access your Reckon One book from our previous conversation we assisted with. Do you mind if I access it to take a second look at what could be causing this new situation?

Also, can you let me know the name of the user that you've shared with?

Cheers

• JohnOptom
    Options

User - Claire@darin.com.au

Feel free to access

• Rav
    Options

Hmmm strange, everything looks to be in order in terms of Claire having access.

Can I get you to do the following -

• Go to the STP entity in GovConnect when you're logged in to your own account
    • Click on the menu button on the STP entity ➡ Share with user ➡ the share window will appear which will also show any users you're currently sharing with ➡ Remove the share to Claire's account by clicking the trash bin icon next to her user.

Once that is done, re-share the STP entity with Claire one more time and try to access Reckon Payroll when she's logged into her account or whether you still encounter the same error.

Let me know how that goes, if you still run into trouble I'll try to get this over to my dev team.

• JohnOptom
    Options

I did try that already.

I have tried again and it didn't work.

• JohnOptom
    Options

I'll be away for the next 5 days so I won't be able to reply. If the Dev team can fix this that would be great.

• Rav
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thanks John.

I've flicked the details of this over to the devs so hopefully they'll be able to give me a bit more info on what's happening here soon.

Will keep you posted either way.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @JohnOptom

Just wanted to let you know this should now be solved for Claire's account. She has full access to Reckon Payroll that you've shared with her 🙂

Cheers