How to un-terminate employee in Reckon Payroll - Want to remove termination date

I have upgraded from ReckonOne Payroll to STP2 but an Employee who is actually current is showing as Terminated because there was a termination date recorded in ReckonOne. The STP2 checklist asks for a Termination Reason - but the drop down is inactive and I can't remove the termination date. The employee is Casual. I cannot find a Rehire option either. And because we've upgraded we can't go back to ReckonOne to fix the Employee record. Seems I can't do anything.

I'm stopped from lodging payroll. Can you please help?

We are registered as Tullamarine Swimming School

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Robyn Millard

If you go to this particular employee's profile in Reckon Payroll itself and check their employment info, is there a termination date appearing in their profile.

Screenshot example to the left.

If there is, remove it by selecting the โœ–๏ธ option in the field and then click save.

That should remove that terminated label but let me know how you go.

๐ŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Robyn Millard
    Robyn Millard Member Posts: 12 Reckoner Reckoner
    edited September 2023

No there is not a close/delete button - there is for Start Date, but not for Termination Date. I can't move forward because it prompts me for Termination Reason, but even that drop down doesn't work. It's stuck.

I suspect it's a bug with the transition from ReckonOne to Payroll for STP2.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Robyn Millard

I'm going to shoot through an access request to your book, I think we might need to take a closer look into this one.

Can I just clarify, is the employee currently active (or at least supposed to be active)? ie. is there a reason there was a termination date entered on their profile?

Also, can I just get you to confirm the name of the employee that is occurring on.

I'll try and take a look but I suspect I'll need to get this over to my dev team for a second look.

๐ŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Robyn Millard
    edited September 2023

Chris is a current employee. He initially resigned but changed his mind. How do I give you access?

• Rav

Thanks Robyn.

I've sent through an access request, it comes through via email to the same email address your Reckon One book is registered under. You just have to select the Grant Access button on the email after reviewing it.

• Robyn Millard

Hi Rav, I granted access yesterday - did you manage to get in and find the issue?

• Rav

Hi there Robyn

I tried giving this a go from my end to see if I could remove that termination date for Chris however unfortunately I ran into the same issue.

I've put the details of this together into a case and flicked it over to my dev team to take a closer look and fix up for us.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from the team on this.

• Peninsulahedgetrim
    Peninsulahedgetrim Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav,

I have the same issue of the termination date being greyed out and I am unable to reinstate the employee. Up until now I have been able to process a payroll for them, however it now continully defaults to a final payout and will not let me adjust that. I am currently unable to process the payroll at all.

Posting so that I can be included in the resolution of this problem

• Robyn Millard

Firstly, how do I find out where the payrun reported the termination date?

The Termination Date for Chris is 27 Feb 2023 so I assume the Payrun that had that date was that week or one following.

I've tried to Revert to Draft the payruns that might be it, but I get a message "reconciled payments linked to this pay run. The pay run cannot be undone unless you undo the reconciliation."

Rather than unreconciling seven months of transactions, is there another way around this?

I also found that I could remove a termination date from an Archived employee by changing them back to Active, so I tried to Archive Chris and then change him back to Active but it didn't work.

• Rav

Hi @Robyn Millard

I've been speaking with our dev team in relation to this. The ability and process to reinstate a previously terminated employee is under review at the moment. I'm not an expert however I believe there are some wider considerations to this particularly when it comes to the handling of termination payments and tax for an employee who has been previously terminated and then later reinstated.

The best course of action at this stage is to create a new employee profile for the individual in Reckon Payroll. You can do this by selecting Add New โžก๏ธ Employee

• Peninsulahedgetrim
    Peninsulahedgetrim Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav,

I tried to add our employee as a new employee, but it recognised the employee as already existing and wouldn't allow it as a duplicate.

• Rav

Hi @Peninsulahedgetrim

Has the termination of the employee been created in error or is the employee returning to employment? ie. the previous termination was valid.

If its the latter then I'd recommend that you archive the old profile for the employee first, then create the new profile. Ensure that you give the new employee profile a new unique employee number and display name.

• Robyn Millard

There's no termination. No termination pay ever. Only entered a date. No tax, no special pay run. There's no payments as 'termination'.

If I create a new payroll number, then the ATO portal won't match, and ATO Super Clearing house won't match as it uses employee numbers - unless you can tell me otherwise.

• Ben Hargy
    Ben Hargy Member Posts: 4 Reckoner Reckoner

@Rav can u please provide an update on the outcome of this?

I have the same issue with a returning casual worker?

All grey out as above

Thanks in advance

Ben

• Rav
    edited February 15

@Ben Hargy

We've got some new functionality coming to Reckon Payroll very soon that will make handling the situation of rehiring former employees much easier so stay tuned for that.

However in the interim, the termination date cannot be removed from an employee profileย IFย a termination pay has also been actioned for that specific employee. Check out the two ways to handle this below -

๐Ÿ‘‰ Termination pay run has been created in error

Delete the termination pay runย โžก๏ธ Then remove termination date in employee profile

๐Ÿ‘‰ Employee is returning to employment

Archive the previous employee profileย โžก๏ธ Create new employee profileย โžก๏ธ This will require a new unique employee number and display name. It will also create a new entry in the individual's MyGov account for earnings, tax super reported for them via STP.

• Rav

Hi all,

I know its been a while since this post but just wanted to come back to provide an update for any one that comes across it in future.

On the topic of rehiring a previously terminated employee, Reckon Payroll has just received an update which introduces a new streamlined process to do so. Check out the details on our announcement linked below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Reckon Payroll Update! Rehiring a terminated employee โœจ