Errors with Payroll - Socket Timeout

Samantha_9713244
Samantha_9713244 Member Posts: 47 Reckoner Reckoner
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll

I processed the first pay run yesterday post migration from Desktop Payroll Premier to Reckon Payroll - Was not a great experience!

We have 94 employees, mostly casuals - this therefore requires me to manually enter the time worked for each employee (most of these employees also have multiple pay rates) a task which generally took less than an hour in payroll premier took over 6 1/2hours yesterday

The major issue is that the website appeared to lag (if that is the correct technical term) - The 3 dots would do their thing like it was loading, but nothing would happen

We also got a few errors the main one being - Socket timeout (see below)

I called Reckon Support - given I was only a 1/3 of the way through loading the pays and it had already taken double the time I usually allow only to be told this is a known issue as there is an increase of traffic on the Reckon website.

@Rav Are you able to provide any information on this? Surely Reckon ensured their servers could handle the increase in traffic?

Comments

• Nickiu
    Nickiu Reckon Staff Posts: 155 Reckon Staff

Hi @Samantha_9713244 ,

We are apologies for the inconvenience. We are aware of the issue that may impacting. Our Development is actively working on it to find the solution to this issue and we are hoping this to be fixed in the next release.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Nick

• Samantha_9713244
    Samantha_9713244 Member Posts: 47 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi @Nickiu

Unfortunately my patience was worn thin yesterday - I am already dreading next Monday's pay run!

You have advised that the development team are working on this, but have not provided any indication on a resolution time.

I am sure this lagging/delay is affecting many users - and testing their patience too!