My Reckon Community username looks a little different.. why?

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
edited October 2023 in About Reckon Community

Reckon Community update - Usernames

Hi everyone

I just wanted to give you a heads up on a recent update to the Reckon Community site. Previously the Community allowed members to have the same username as another member. This worked ok for a period of time however as the Community has grown (we're over 30K members now! 😲) it has presented challenges in moderation such as when @ mentioning members, private messaging members and accessing or maintaining your profile to name a few.

A recent update on the platform now prevents duplicate usernames to be registered so each member must have their own unique user name. As part of this update, any members who previously had the same username as others have had their username automatically appended with a unique number at the end of their user name eg. Rav_12345678

This only affects a small number of Reckon Community members and does not affect any use of the site in any way. No other member data has been altered or changed.

My username has changed as part of this update, how can I change it to something else?

If you'd like to change your username to something else then I'm more than happy to help you with that.

Click on the Flag 🚩 button on a post or reply you've created and select the Report option then send through a note with the user name you'd like yours updated to.

Note: Your username must be unique and not currently in use by another member. If your initial choice is unavailable, you will need to select an alternative.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.