Rejected STP not displaying on STP record in

Options
Greg_10144224
Greg_10144224 Member Posts: 9 ✭

I have a single employee.

I had previously been reassured by posts that stated that the STP reporting was a YTD system, and that when I noticed an STP submission had been rejected by the ATO from a payrun in August, that it was rectified with the subsequent

When I log into the ATO to pay my Activity Statement. I notice that this payrun is missing from the STP reporting function and the precalculated totals.

I tried resubmitting the payrun to the ATO, but this hasn't worked. I have now looked at my YTD summary in Reckon and the numbers are all wrong. This is despite having correct numbers in each payrun.

I have two questions:

1) What can I do about the incorrect STP total in my ATO activity statement?

2) Why would the YTD summary be incorrect when the payruns are correct, and how do I fix this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,441 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Greg_10144224

There are a couple of things to cover off here which I'll try my best to outline below -

1) What can I do about the incorrect STP total in my ATO activity statement?

Firstly, there are two components sent in an STP submission; employer data which is the total gross and total PAYG of the individual pay run that the ATO have now recently started using to prefill for BAS and employee data which is the Year to Date balance of the employee's pay run information eg. earnings, tax, super etc.

When it comes to BAS pre-fill data, you may notice that sending additional submissions may have inflated the W1 & W2 balances. If that's the case, then I believe you can edit the W1 & W2 fields and enter in the correct balances.

On the other hand for employee balances, as mentioned above, STP reports employee balances on a Year to Date (YTD) basis so any submissions only report the YTD balance only.

2) Why would the YTD summary be incorrect when the payruns are correct, and how do I fix this?

Secondly, in regard to the YTD Summary, can I just clarify, where are you viewing this? On the YTD Summary screen on the employee profile in Reckon Payroll?

If so, there is currently a display issue at the moment where the YTD Summary screen in Reckon Payroll does not show the balances of disaggregated pay items now that we've switched over to STP Phase 2. There is more info on this HERE. Rest assured the data is being captured correctly which you can review via the Payroll Summary Report or Payroll Detail Report.

We'll be making some changes in this area to address the current limitations of the YTD Summary screen on the employee profile in Reckon Payroll toward the end of this week or early next week.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.