Pay Run error Journal transaction(s) must be entered

mbrettell
mbrettell Member Posts: 4 Novice Member Novice Member

Trying to do my first pay run, and getting this error when I try to finalise the pay run.

I don't need it to create the journals, so have turned that option to automatically create them off, but still getting this error.

I've shared the book with support.

Tagged:

Comments

• Nickiu
    Nickiu Reckon Staff Posts: 137 Reckon Staff

Hi @mbrettell

I have encounter this issue before. I deleted the payrun and recreate it again to resolve this issue.

Hope this helps,

Nick

• mbrettell

Thanks for commenting Nick, but I've tried that a few times, and always get that same error.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,222 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @mbrettell

I don't need it to create the journals, so have turned that option to automatically create them off, but still getting this error.

Just to clarify the above, do you mean you removed the account defaults from the Settings ➡️ General screen? (Example below)

If so, and you add selections to these fields does the error persist?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• mbrettell

I have those accounts set. I unticked the 'Automatic payroll payments', hoping that would mean it wouldn't need to try and create the journal transactions. The error still happens.

• klaura
    klaura Reckon Staff Posts: 184 Reckon Staff

Hi mbrettell,

It appears that there are no pay details added to the pay run.

Please click the Enter Pay details and under Earnings and Leave click the Add button to add in the pay details of the employee.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

• mbrettell

I had a call with someone from Support on Friday - they were going to fix whatever the problem was and call me back, but never did so.

I'll follow up with them.