Reckon One-how set up tax tracking for an employee in STP 2

Kevin Thomas
Kevin Thomas Member Posts: 17 Reckoner Reckoner

Can't find where set up tax tracking for an employee in STP 2?

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Click on the Leave tab on that Pay Items screen and I believe there should be a default Long Service Leave item already setup. If its not there then you can create one by selecting the Create Pay Item button.

However in order to use that item in a payrun you just need to assign that leave item to the relevant employee(s).

Head into their profile and select the option to Add Leave Entitlement to the employee and follow the prompts to add the Long Service Leave item.

After you do that it'll then appear as an option to select when you create a pay run.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Kevin Thomas

If you've already upgraded to Reckon Payroll for your Reckon One book then you'll find the tax setup for an employee in their profile.

Select an employee then click the Tax tab (example below). You can then select the Edit option to make any changes.

• Kevin Thomas

Thanks but my query is on Tax Tracking, that is, is the salary payment, ordinary pay, LSL, Annual Leave, etc, which we supposed to code for all salary payments under STP2, which is what we use, there doesn't appear to be a field for this?

• Rav

Right ok. In that case, have you already completed the STP Phase 2 Checklist?

If not, then you update your pay items (and employees) to the new STP Phase 2 reporting requirements via the checklist which is the easiest method. There's info on this here - Get ready for STP Phase 2 with our Ready Checklist!

• Kevin Thomas

Thanks, I thought I had, will go back and check, thanks again!!

• Kevin Thomas

I've looked again, how do I get back into the STP 2 checklist for this file, as it doesn't have the heading anymore?

• Rav

@Kevin Thomas

If it hasn't been completed for that specific book then you'll find the STP Phase 2 Checklist in the Compliance menu.

If you don't see it there then you've already completed it. You can also confirm whether you're already on STP Phase 2 by going to Settings ➡️ Single Touch Payroll

• Kevin Thomas

Thanks, but it shows it is compliant, so it's a mystery to me what to do and what is going on??

That message isn't there.

• Rav

If you're already on STP Phase 2 why are you looking to update your pay items? It sounds to me like they've already been done, particularly if you've completed the checklist.

What is happening here specifically? ie. are you encountering an error on a recent submission you've sent through? Or is there something else occurring?

Can you please provide some detailed specific information including any relevant screenshots just so we can get a better understanding of what's actually happening.

• Kevin Thomas

I'm looking to pay an employee LSL while still employed. I looked in pay items and there is no item or field showing Tax Tracking as distinct

This is file I'm working on

This is another file-Reckon Hosted, which shows the heading I'm looking for

Thanks for your help

• Kevin Thomas

Great, thanks very much