Cannot add new employee

G. Daniels
G. Daniels Member Posts: 44 Reckoner Reckoner
edited January 28 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi guys. Hope someone can help me with this problem. I cannot add an employee's details. This pops up:

Employee details not saved

Super fund needs to be linked a super contact.

Checked the list of Supers on our system, I cannot find any information about this.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Morning @G. Daniels

This error is usually related to the default super fund being modified or deleted.

We've got a guide on this error including steps on how to resolve it below 👇

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Reeta
    Reeta Reckon Staff Posts: 116 Reckon Staff

Hi @G. Daniels ,

If the problem persists even after following the steps in the guide, kindly send me a private message along with the book details.

I'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Reeta

• G. Daniels
    edited February 5

Hi guys. Do I need to create default superannuation fund?

We've never created a default super fund. So this is something new to me.

When we converted to the latest payroll (with the STP2) there wasn't any problem adding a new employee. It is only now that we have this problem.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,167 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hey @G. Daniels

Yes, you'll need the default system super fund in your list of super funds. You would have had it previously but may have inadvertently modified it to something else/a different super fund.

if you go to Settings ➡️ Super Funds do you see the Default Super Fund in your list? (example below)

If not, then just follow the steps in the help guide linked above and it'll solve this for you 🙂

Let us know if you have any trouble.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• G. Daniels

This is our super fund list.

As you can see there is no Default Super Fund. It says on the procedure, have to choose the one with the most employees, which in out case is the Hostplus. But looking at the edit screen for this fund, there is no means to change the name (please see attached).

• G. Daniels

We physically added the Default Super Fund, and it is ok now to add a new employee. Thank you.