Any way to merge data from Reckon Payroll App (subscribed via Apple Store) ?

reckonssirimat
reckonssirimat Member Posts: 5 Novice Member Novice Member
edited March 25 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi,

I originally was using MYOB and using Reckon Payroll App via the iPhone to do payroll and STP.

Now I have moved to Reckon One, I would like to know how do I merge data from the Reckon Payroll App to Reckon One. Even though both applications show up on my Reckon Dashboard/Portal, the information is not linked. I am still using the Reckon Payroll App to do payroll but the expenses doesn't reflect in Reckon One.

I did add the payroll module to the Reckon One subscription for a few months but did not know how to merge data other than pretty much re-do the whole payroll runs again, and do some sort of transfer of the STP data again to the tax office. I've since unsubscribed hoping there is now a path to merge/migrate the data from the existing Payroll App subscription.

Thanks in advance,

Seng

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,222 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Seng

Your Reckon One book and Payroll App subscriptions are separate so unfortunately there isn't any connection between the two. With that said however, I believe there is a way to achieve what you're looking for but its going to require a few changes.

Since your Reckon Payroll App is currently subscribed through your app store, you will need to cancel the subscription via the app store. Once its fully lapsed, you can resubscribe but this time via your Reckon Portal account instead. Doing so will allow you to add Reckon One's functionality such as invoices, bank feeds etc in conjunction with payroll and it will all work within that one book.

Before going down this road however, just keep in mind your existing Reckon One book will still remain separate. Have you used your current Reckon One book extensively? ie. does it have a great deal of data in it currently?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• reckonssirimat
    reckonssirimat Member Posts: 5 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav,

I have been using Reckon One since July 2023.

Perhaps I should take the following path.

1) Use Payroll app until end of the Financial Yr i.e. 30 June 2024

2) Cancel Payroll app after end of June. Does it allow read only access to the data after cancellation?

3) Add the Payroll module to Reckon One

4) Give the ATO the new software ID for STP

5) Use the Reckon One with the Payroll module going forward.

-Seng

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,222 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hey Seng

Yes that's certainly an option if you're open to that and it'll keep things clean and tidy if you're doing this from the new financial year onward.

Just something to note, you'll need to ensure you send through an EOFY finalisation from your Payroll App account so that everything is finalised for your employees.

Once that is done, after adding payroll to your Reckon One book you'll need to create your employees again in Reckon One and you can then start from the first pay run for the 2024/25 financial year.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.