Invoicing

Options
karhgoh
karhgoh Member Posts: 8

Hi All,

My staff uses a same invoice number to customer for 3 separate delivery.

Example

Invoice number 3900 for delivery on 3.3.24

Invoice number 3900 for delivery on 10.3.24

Invoice number 3900 for delivery on 17.3.24

These are 3 separate deliveries of different items to the same customer.

I have the hard copies of the signed invoices.

Can any kind soul please advise the best way to deal with this as it interferes with my statement to the customer.

Thanks

James

Comments

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @karhgoh,

Usually, whenever you process an invoice in Reckon One, the Invoice Number will increment by 1.

Are all invoices after Invoice 3900 on the 3/3/24 going up in number (eg. Invoice 3901, 3902, etc)? Or are they all staying on 3900?

If it's the former, then it's possible the Invoice Number was manually modified, but should have alerted you to a duplicate entry.

If it's the latter, then is it possible you are editing existing invoices, or entering the invoice number in the reference field?

Let me know - I'm always happy to help.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• karhgoh
    karhgoh Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hi Alexander,

I think it is the latter. The staff must edited the existing invoices.

Is there a way to manually edit the invoice number as lets say 3900.1 to indicate that 3900 has been reused.

Thanks

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @karhgoh,

While there is no way to manually edit invoice numbers, there is a way to manually edit invoices. It's possible the same invoice was modified to send out new invoices to the customer.

Due to this, it'd be best to look at the sent invoices, generate new invoices based on the two previously sent ones, and leave 3900 to contain only that which was sent most recently.

That way, you would have 3 invoices that exist and can be referenced by both yourself and your customer, and also the book's balances would correct themselves to include the other two payments that would exist for the past two instances of 3900.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support