Reckon Payroll Pay run not sent to Reckon GovConnect

Options
Bronnie
Bronnie Member Posts: 7 ✭
edited March 26 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have just processed a termination payment and when I try to send to Reckon GovConnect it comes up with the following error:

His phone number is recorded correctly.

I terminated someone in the same file in January without any problems.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Bronnie

Just looping back to this, our team has just pushed through a release which should resolve the issue of termination pay runs with a leave item returning this error.

There's a chance you may need to recreate the termination pay first but when you have a chance can you please give it another go and let us know if its successful for you.

Thanks so much for your patience.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @Bronnie ,

You may want to check there are no special characters (such as + - or spaces) in their Phone Number - if there is any special characters or spaces, this error can occur. Even if it would otherwise appear properly, special characters can still interfere with the ATO's formatting.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• Bronnie
    Options

There are no spaces or special characters in their phone number. This is the first thing I checked.

Is there anything else I need to check?

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @Bronnie ,

Does this employee have a valid email address, tax scale, and home address?

Again, there should be no special characters (/ * - + . \ ] [ { } ( ) _ = ! # $ % ^ & ).

Beyond that, do they have an amount of money that they have been paid (eg. have they got a Gross/Net/Tax figure)?

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Bronnie
    Options

Hi Alexander,

All his personal details look correct to me and yes he does have a gross, net and tax figure.

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @Bronnie ,

Is he a new hire and/or has he been included in payruns in the past that have been successful?

Is any other employee encountering the issue, or just him?

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Bronnie
    Options

Hi Alexander,

He is a long standing employee who has been paid weekly without any issues. I have processed a normal pay run for him today, in amongst all the other employees, with no issue. It is only when I went to process his termination pay that this error has occurred.

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @Bronnie ,

It's possible it's down to the pay items being used - it's probable that they have not been setup correctly, or have issues of their own.

Have you tried deleting the termination payrun, then recreate it? If the error occurs again, we may need to investigate further in regards to the record.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Bronnie
    Options

I have deleted and rerun but still getting the same error.

This is the first termination I have processed that includes Long Service Leave. Maybe it is something in this setting? I have processed Long Service Leave when it has been taken no worries. It is just on this termination payment I am having issues. When I looked onto the setting it didn't have "pay on termination" ticked. I've corrected this but still getting the same error.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Bronnie

Thanks for the info on this and really sorry for the hassle its causing at the moment.

We've got our dev team investigating this at the moment and I think you're right, its related to a leave item being present in the termination pay, which ordinarily, shouldn't be a problem so we're looking into this.

I'll keep you posted on progress with this as soon as we receive from info from our team.

ℹī¸ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bronnie
    Options

Hi Rav,

How are we going with solving this query? I am needing to get my STP report lodged to the ATO.

Thanks

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Bronnie

Our devs have got a fix for this that is going through testing at the moment. Provided all goes well its scheduled for release early next week after the Easter weekend.

• Bronnie
    Options

Hi Rav,

It worked!

Thank you