Reckon Mate leave conversion from hours to days incorrect

Options
727019 Member Posts: 12 ✭

In Reckon Mate the hour conversion to days is incorrect. From what I can see it is using 7.5hrs as the per day hours (not sure where this is being calculated from). Majority of employees are 7.6hrs per day x 5 to give the 38hr week. Is there a way to turn the conversion from hours to days off? I have some employees that work 8hrs on 4 days & 6hrs on 1 day to make the 38 hr week so it's not relevant for us to have the conversion. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @727019

I could be wrong but as far as I'm aware, the Reckon Mate app doesn't actually perform any calculations itself since its only an employee companion app. Rather, it displays information from the employee profile in the main Reckon Payroll account its linked to.

Are you the Reckon Payroll admin? If so, go the employee's profile and confirm what is listed as their standard hours worked per week under Employment Details

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

edited March 27
    Options

Hi Rav, below is an example of an employee's balance in Reckon Payroll and how Reckon help interprets it

Reckon Payroll

AL balance 427.24 hrs div by 7.6 (hrs per day) = 56.22 days

PCL balance 12396.78 div by 7.6 (hrs per day) = 183.79 days

LSL balance 729.60 div by 7.6 (hrs per day) = 96 days

Reckon Mate

AL balance 427.24 hrs shows as 56.97 days that's what you get if you div by 7.5hrs

PCL balance 1396.78 hrs shows as 186.24 days that's what you get if you div by 7.5hrs

LSL balance 729.60 hrs shows as 97.28 days that's what you get if you div by 7.5hrs

As you can see the hours are the same but the days are overstated - bit hard to explain this to an employee!

I have attached from Payroll a snippet showing the employee's file 38hrs 5 days

Also if someone has 40hrs 5days I would expect that the hours be divided by 8 to give days owing from the hours but it doesn't do this it still divides the hours by 7.5hrs therefore overstating the days accrued.

If it's possible to just display the hours owing that would be better as this would match the payroll and the payslips.

If you can have a look and advise that would be appreciated. Just wondering is anyone else having this issue? If so what do they do?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hmm ok that's interesting πŸ€”

So to clarify, what you're seeing is a disparity between what Reckon Payroll is showing for the employee vs what Reckon Mate is displaying for that same employee? If that's the case then we'll definitely need to take a closer look at that.

Is this occurring across multiple employees or just a single one/few?

Also, can I just confirm that your employee(s) have the latest version of the Reckon Mate app installed? The current version is v2.0.46. If they're on an older version please ask them to download the latest version from their app store and just check if the issue persists.

If they're already on the latest version then I'll need to get a bit more info from you, specifically;

• The email address your Reckon Payroll book is registered under
    • The name of the Reckon Payroll book
    • Names of the specific employees this is affecting
    • Screenshots from the employee's Reckon Mate app that shows what is being displayed. Just the My Pay screen would be a huge help.

If you can send the above to me in a private message that would be great. I'll also need to send through an access request to your Reckon Payroll book so we can get our devs to investigate.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Options

Hi Rav,

I can confirm that the hours from reckon payroll and the hours on reckon mate are correct it is when the app converts to days then we have an issue as it is assuming a day is 7.5hrs. If I can just turn that conversion off that would be ok. Is this possible? I have only got a few trial employees on Reckon mate as I wanted to see if there were any bugs prior to inviting all employees. The reckon payroll doesn't convert to days so why does the app?

• Rav
    edited March 28
    Options

Gotcha, sorry I was a bit slow on the uptake there πŸ˜… but I see what you're referring to now.

From what I can see there isn't a way to manually switch off the conversion that displays the days but let me speak with the product team to see if I can get some insight on this.

Will come back to you.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @727019

Quick update here, I've spoken to the mobile team and it seems as though there is indeed something that is presenting the 'available days' to calculate based on a 7.5 hour day rather than the specific employee's standard hours set in their profile.

The team are raising a job to look into this and change it to present available days based on that employee's info. I can't provide any timeframes around this yet as there are already a few projects & tasks that are keeping the team occupied at the moment but I'll keep you posted.