RAH - Back up.. hours to complete

Options
Trish
Trish Member Posts: 41

Hello Team, I'm reaching out to inquire about the duration of our backup process and whether there are plans to enhance its efficiency. Currently, a backup session is extending beyond 5.5 hours. With four licenses in use, it's not feasible for RECKON to be inaccessible for the majority of the day. Moreover, the backup requires manual intervention at each step, preventing it from being a 'set and forget' task. An ideal solution would allow us to start the backup at the close of business and return to a completed backup the following day. The current downtime of 5-6 hours significantly impacts our finance team of four, leading to substantial productivity loss and impracticality.

Comments

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @Trish ,

I have a few questions for you, as this is a bit unusual for a company file.

In your company file, can you press F2 on your key, and tell me the following:

1. The company file's current size,
    2. Its current location,
    3. The oldest edition it has existed in

In addition, can you tell me:

1. How old is the company file?
    2. How many users are in the file at a time?
    3. How many transactions do you process / day?
    4. How often do you do a full verification backup?

Let me know, and I should be able to diagnose why it's taking so long.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• Trish
    Trish Member Posts: 41
    Options

Dear @Alexander McKeown - thank-you for your response to this - are you able to provide me with your email address so i can provide the requested details outside of this community chat space?

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @Trish ,

I will send you a private message where you can provide the details of your file.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• Lynneh
    Lynneh Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi, I am also having the same issue with Reckon Hosted taking hours to back up. I did a rebuild and backup on Saturday which took 5.5 hours. Could you please let me know if we can improve this process.

Thanks