Reckon Customer Portal not Allowing upload of STP File

Options
Jocelyn
Jocelyn Member Posts: 46

Good Afternoon

On attempting to lodge STP today after doing my payrun, I have experienced the following. After creating STP file it will either not load the portal or shuts Reckon down and kicks me out. If I try and go into a new tab in the web browser and just attempt to load the STP file in the portal it won't upload it and gets stuck on this screen

I have tried different browsers and even a different computer.

Has anyone else experienced this? We use Reckon Accounts. Logged in earlier today for another payrun and it is was fine!

Thanks

Comments

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @Jocelyn ,

There's a few things we need to check in order to help you out:

1. Which version of the software are you using?
    2. When you upload it, does it stay on the "Report Type" window? Or does it ask you to upload again?
    3. Do you see any errors appear on the screen?

Let me know so I can help you further.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• Jocelyn
    Options

Hi Alexander

We use Reckon Accounts Premier 2023

It won't let you select the Confirm button after you select the STP file. I haven't seen any errors.

Jocelyn .

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @Jocelyn ,

Was there any changes in the file between when you uploaded the file earlier this morning to when you uploaded the file now?

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Jocelyn
    Options

Hi Alexander

No, this is a new file for a different payrun only created this afternoon.

Jocelyn

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @Jocelyn ,

It's then likely this is due to special characters existing in your Company Information. If special characters exist, it can prevent STP files from uploading properly.

Special characters include:

! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) [ ] { } / \ | <> ~ ` ' " ; :

To check for special characters, you'll need to do the following:

1. Go to the Company drop-down.
    2. Select Company Information.
    3. Check your company's Legal Name, and ensure there are no special characters.
    4. In Phone #, ensure you do not have +61 following your phone number. This also applies to the Payroll Tax Form Information section's Phone #.
    5. In Email, ensure there is no special characters or blank space following or preceding your email address.
    6. In Legal Address, ensure there is no special characters, and ensure your Post Code does not exceed 4 characters.
    7. In Company Identification, ensure your Tax Rego ID is accurate to your ABN, and you have a valid Branch Number in the second box (by default, this should be 001.

Let me know how you go with this.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,318 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited April 3
    Options

All of the above is certainly something you need to check, however ….

Have you tried saving the file to the desktop and logging into the portal direct, rather than from the lodge button in Reckon. Portal.reckon.com

• Jocelyn
    Options

Hi Alexander & Kris

We had no 001 in that second box for branch number. So I added it in. It has now frozen the logging into the portal from Reckon like it was doing previously, and then I logged into the portal direct and attempted to upload the STP file but again it wouldn't 'confirm' the file when selected.

I waited 2 minutes and tried again it worked!! It is just curious that this has happened after being STP lodging for years and earlier in the day it worked for a different payrun. Not sure if its the 001 or not.

Thanks for your help.

Jocelyn

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @Jocelyn ,

Glad to hear it's all working out. Sometimes small issues like these can be pain points. Specificity is key to the ATO, from what I know of it.

If you have any further issues, you're always welcome to post on the community.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Jocelyn
    Options

The same issue is happening today with our lodgement of STP, It won't allow pressing the 'confirm' button after we have selected the data file both through the Reckon side and the other style of logging into the portal and uploading a saved file. It just goes around in circles - confirm, select file, open, confirm

Has anyone else had this problem?

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @Jocelyn ,

Has there been any changes in your company file from the last time you uploaded to now?

We have yet to receive any notifications around outages with this issue.

Let me know when you're able.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown