Reckon Payroll not recognising this weeks date for payroll

Therese R
Therese R Member Posts: 90 Reckoner Reckoner

We are trying to make a payroll run today but the software is not recognising the correct payroll period. It is still showing the previous payroll period.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,371 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi there @Therese R

Can you give us a bit more info on how you're trying to create the pay run?

I've just had a look and the pay date and pay period calendar option seems to be working ok in my case so just want to see if you're doing something different.

Are you creating an unscheduled pay run or creating the pay run from a pre-existing pay run schedule you've created?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Therese R

HI Rav

We have scheduled payruns

When we try to change the date to the 6 May, the Pay period is unable to be changed.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,371 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Do you use this particular pay schedule regularly or is it a brand new one you've recently created?

Head over to the pay schedule by going to Settings ➡️ Pay Schedules ➡️ Select the specific schedule you're using ➡️ You'll be able to edit the setup here including the pay date/pay periods.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Therese R

We have 4 scheduled payments created which we have successfully been using for the past 6 weeks or so. The last week we used 3 of them and will probably use 3 going forward.

When we open the Pay runs page, this is the screen we see - it seems to be asking us to send the payslips.

I don't recall this window being there previously - is this standard?

If I try to do an unscheduled payrun, it seems to show the correct dates like your screen shot.

• Therese R

HI Rav

Thanks for the tip - I now have all the scheduled payments ready to go.

Regards

Therese

• Rav

Yep that's just the standard pay runs screen which shows you all the pay runs you've created along with their details.

When you use a pay schedule it should automatically prefill the next pay date and pay period based on the schedule of the frequency when you choose to create a new pay run using that respective schedule.

I'd suggest going into the pay schedule settings that I mentioned in my previous reply and just check what is listed there for next pay period and next pay date.

• Rav

Ah sorry, just saw the latest reply right after I hit the send button above.

Good stuff! Glad you got that sorted 🙂