archived employee

lesley_9730541
lesley_9730541 Member Posts: 89 Reckoner Reckoner

How do I reinstate an archived employee back into the payroll ?

Comments

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 303 Reckon Staff

Hi @lesley_9730541

Have you terminated the employee from the last employment?

• If yes, you can Re-hire the employee in Reckon Payroll, please find the attached article for your reference -

• If not, you can simply activate the employee by clicking on Options and select Reactivate employee.

Feel free to let us know for any concerns/issues. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,371 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @lesley_9730541

Is this archived employee also currently terminated?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• lesley_9730541
    edited May 20

HI Rav - no just archived as they only receive a payment once a year in June.

Thanks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,371 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks @lesley_9730541

In that case I'd recommend following the second step outlined by @Tanvi_kataria above to reactivate the archived employee from their profile 🙂

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• lesley_9730541
    edited May 21

Hi Rav

I have another question regarding STP reporting following the move over from Payroll Premier to Reckon Payroll - I have had a message from the ATO as per below -

We've reviewed your Single Touch Payroll (STP) reports and some of your employees have multiple income statements for the 2024 financial year.

Your payroll solution generates your STP report by ABN, branch and business management software identifier (BMS ID). We use this combination of information and the employee's payroll ID, to identify when we need to display separate income statements in ATO online services.

Your employees will see multiple income statements in their ATO online services if they've been reported more than once under a different payroll solution (BMS ID), payroll ID or branch.

A review of your STP reporting has shown that you've made a change this year which is displaying two or more income statements for some employees.

Would this have anything to do with the change over?

Appreciate your thoughts

Lesley

• Rav

As far as I'm aware, there aren't any changes when it comes to the BMSID with the upgrade from Payroll Premier to Reckon Payroll since the STP entity for your ABN remains the same and that's the crucial aspect of it.

There are only a few scenarios I can think of where multiple income statements generate for an individual employee but they're pretty specific;

• If there were any changes to your STP entity such as a change in GST branch number for example, that may result in multiple income statements for an employee getting generated

• Changing an employee number partway through the course of the financial year can result in multiple income statements generating. There's some info on this HERE.

• If any of your employees have been employed at another workplace and been included in an STP submission for any earnings at some point throughout the course of the financial year then they'll receive a separate income statement for that. Please note: This is normal/expected.

I'm not saying any of the above has occurred in your case, its more just general info. Have any of your employees reported any issues or disparities with reported earnings etc when checking their currently ongoing income statements for this financial year?

• lesley_9730541

Thanks Rav, appreciate your thoughts as ATO have not been very helpful as per usual.

Thanks Lesley